The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Feature of the Week: FDA Comment Period Ends
At 11:59 PM Eastern Time, the public comment period to the Deemng Document of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s proposed regulations has ended. After one extension was granted, the total comment period lasted 107 days. The next phase is the FDA will now review each comment that has been submitted.
IPCPR News and Previews.
We continued our post-game 2014 IPCPR Trade Show coverage. This following are stories from the IPCPR Trade Show. Check out our 014 IPCPR Digest for complete details.
- Ocean State Cigars: We took a look the launch of the J. Grotto Anniversary.
- Casa Fernandez: We previewed the Casa Fernandez Aniversario Serie 2014 – The Ares. release.
- Cigar Oasis: In a Cigar Conversation with Chaim Kohn, he took us through the company’s new Wi-Fi capabilities in their humification devices.
- Cubanacan Cigars: We ran a feature story of our discussion with the legendary Hiroshi Robaina.
- Edgar Hoill Cigars: We took a look at the EH Lealtad, EH Cabroncito, and the new EH Box-Pressed Line Extensions.
- Foundry Tobacco Company: We also previewed the value-priced Chillin’ Moose and the upcoming Foundry Rare Air.
- Guayacan Cigars: We took a look at the Guayacan Maduro – a cigar that recently has arrived on shelves.
- Illusione Cigars: We previewed a line extension to the Ultra line – the Illusione Ultra OP No. 7.
- Kristoff: We previewed the Kristoff Kristania Maduro – something that has been released to stores.
- La Gloria Cubana: We previewed the La Gloria Cubana Rival Twin Finale – Chapter 3 and Chapter 4. We also took at look at the upcoming La Gloria Cubana Trunk Show 2014.
- La Sirena Cigars: We took a look at the new blend for the La Sirena Original
- Macanudo: We previewed the upcoming Macanudo Estate Reserve 2014.
- Partagas: We took a look at the return of the Partagas 150 Don Ramon.
- Pura Soul Cigars: We took a look at the packaging changes to the company’s original Pura Soul line.
- Torano Family Cigars: We took a look at the newly revamped “The Brick” line.
- Zino: We tool a look at the next installment of “The Make” line – the soon to be released Zino Platinum – The Make of Texas.
- Gran Habano Cigars: The U.S. Trademark office has challenged the Gran Habano and has asked for public support.
- FDA: Two new co-sponsors: Vance McAllister [R-Louisiana] and Colleeen Hanabusa [D-Hawaii] signed on to HR792. The total is now at 161 co-sponsors (162 total sponsors)
- August 9th 2012: We previewed the La Palina Classic
- August 9th 2012: We previewed the Montecristo Epic No. 2 by Altadis
- August 9th 2012: We previewed the Herrera Esteli by Drew Estate.
- August 9th 2013: We assessed a pre-release of the George Rico S.T.K. Miami American Puro.
- August 9th 2013: We previewed El Reloj by J.C. Newman.
- August 9th 2013: We looked at the Davidoff Year of the Horse