The Tobacco Plus Expo 21 (TPE 21) will go on as scheduled. Today Tobacco Media Group (TMG), the division of Kretek International which handles the trade show, confirmed that TPE21 will go on as scheduled from May 12-14. The announcement was made through TMG’s media publication, Tobacco Business.
TMG has said that as a result of Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak’s state re-opening plan announced on February 11, restrictions have been loosened on public gathering and capacity limits. The plan includes removing statewide mandated restrictions beginning May 1st where it will be turned over to county officials.
TMG is working with the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) on a series of safety mandates that will be implemented. This includes:
- All exhibitors and attendees will be required to wear a mask at all times while on the show floor, per current guidance from the city of Las Vegas and state of Nevada. This will be strictly enforced during the show.
- Temperatures of all attendees will be monitored by a Heat Monitoring and Thermal Image screening system, located to the entrance of the show floor.
- Sanitizing stations will be located throughout the show floor.
- Signage reminding attendees and exhibitors of the social distancing requirements will be posted throughout the exhibition hall.
- Designated smoking areas will be provided on the show floor. Smoking and walking around the show floor without a mask, will not be permitted. Exhibitors may smoke in their booths if they adhere to social distancing & safety requirements.
TPE was scheduled to take place the last week in January 2021, but due to to the COVID-19 pandemic a decision was made last year to push the show into May.
Editor’s Note: We incorrectly stated that smoking would not be allowed on the trade show floor. We apologize for that mistake. Smoking will be allowed in a designated area of the trade show floors