The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
- L’Atelier Imports: Additional details of the Surrogates Animal Cracker appeared in Cigar Insider this week. We have an updated preview here.
- Rocky Patel Premium Cigars: Additional details of the vitolas to the Rocky Patel II.XXVI appeared in Cigar Insider. We have an updated preview here.
Cigar News and Previews
- Drew Estate: A post on twitter by Drew Estate Cigars referenced a halfwheel.com report announcing the Liga Privada UF 13 Dark – the name for what was the event only UF 13 This is the same cigar blend we did a pre-release review back in June, 2012. Also, Herrera-Esteli has begun shipping to select Drew Estate accounts. We assessed a pre-release of this back in August, 2012.
- Elogio: As reported by Nice Tight Ash, Elogio cigars has released a retail-exclusive cigar of the Serie Habano for Crescent City Cigars in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Emilio Cigars: Announced the corona-size line extension to the Emilio AF2 line.
- E.P. Carrillo: Information was mentioned on the Cigar Dave Show in regards to the E.P. Carrillo Short Run 2013 and a new project called Perez-Carrillo.
- Erez Cigars: Named Abi Carmen its new National Sales Director.
- Kristoff: Owner Glen Case said on Facebook that a 7 x 70 line extension to the Kristania line will hit select retailers in late February.
- La Palina Cigars: Details of the second release of the La Palina Collection, the La Palina Goldie Laguito No. 5 appeared in Cigar Insider. It was back at the 2012 IPCPR Trade Show that Bill Paley first told us of a new Goldie coming down the line.
- Miami Cigar and Company: Posted on facebook first pictures of the Nestor Miranda 70th.
- Room 101 Cigars: Announced on facebook a new Namakubi called the Room 101 Namakubi Ecuador is coming in March. A first look at the Room 101 Big Delicious was also posted. This is the sixth release of South Florida Retailer Smoke Inn’s MicroBlend Series.
- Tatuaje Cigars: Pete Johnson put a post on twitter and facebook confirming that the Tatuaje Cohete will be returning soon. No additional details were posted but this a 4 x 50 cigar that was once a limited run retail exclusive to Tower Pipes and Cigars.
- Tobacco Plus Expo: The Tobacco Plus Expo Trade Show took place in Las Vegas, Nevada on January 30th and 31st.
Editor’s Corner Vol 2, Number 2 (February 2013)
- The topic this month is an Epilogue to our 2012 Cigar of the Year Countdown.
- February 2nd, 2011: We paid tribute to the cigar legend, Sal Fontana.
- February 2nd 2011: A draconian piece of legislation is passed as the New York City council passes an Outdoor Smoking Ban.
- February 2nd 2011: We previewed the La Aroma de Cuba Marquis.
- February 2nd 2011: We assessed the Wango Tango.
- February 2nd 2012: General Cigar Company announced new frontmaks for the Macanudo Cafe and Macanudo Maduro lines – as well as a new the CAO La Traviata Luminoso frontmark.