The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
- 7-20-4 Cigars: Issued a formal press release for the 7-20-4 Hustler. We reviewed it back in December.
- Arango Cigars: Issued a press release on private label offerings from General Cigar.
- Asylum Cigars: According to various reports, including Frank Seltzer’s JR Cigars’ Blog, a 6 x 80 vitola will be added to the Asylum 13 line.
- Ezra Zion Cigars: On the 2/7/13 RobbyRAS Cigar Chat show, Ezra Zion Cigars announced the second cigar in their Honor Series would be the Ezra Zion Honor Series MLK. The plan is for the MLK along with two other new blends to be launched at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show. The MLK follows up the Ezra Zion Honor Series Reagan. The company also announced their Inception Cigar is being rebranded as Jamais Vu. This was to avoid a battle over the trademark for the name Inception. In addition, three additional sizes will be added to the Jamais Vu line.
- General Cigar: Retailers in the southeast have received shipments of the regional limited edition CAO Right Coast. We also reviewed this cigar.
- JM Tobacco: Issued a press release on the announcement of the gordito vitola to its lines.
- La Flor Dominicana: Has made a limited production retail exclusive blend to Greensboro, North Carolina’s Pipe and Pint called – The Pipe and Pint 15th Anniversary.
- La Palina Cigars: Bill Paley posted a first picture of the La Palina Collection Goldie Laguito No. 5. May 2013 release is being targeted. Click here for our cigar preview.
- Ortega Premium Cigars: Eddie Ortega has announced the Cubao line is being re-launched with the Cubao Natural blend. We also published a preview of the Dandy McCoy cigar, the fifth release of the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013. Finally, Ortega is planning a lancero frontmark of the Serie D Maduro for the DC Tweetup Event.
- Martin Family of Cigars: Facebook posts have indicated a new cigar called Casa Martin is being released. This appears to be a limited production cigar that Maria Martin mentioned on Kiss My Ash Radio back on October 6 on Kiss My Ash Radio
- Nat Sherman: Will be releasing a Nat Sherman 1930 cigar. Halfwheel.com was given first information on this cigar.
- ProCigar: As per Cigar Aficionado, Ernesto Perez-Carrillo and Litto Gomez are joining ProCigar – the Dominican Republic’s most prominent cigar manufacturers association. These were the two biggest names who were not members.
- RoMa Craft Tobac: Announced a candela release called the Fomorian and CroMagnon Mode 5will be released around St. Patrick’s Day for the DC Tweet-Up. Our friends at Leaf and Grape also released some information on this. In other RoMa Craft Tobac news, the CroMagnon Epoch will be a retail exclusive coming to Riverside Cigar and Lounge in Jeffersonville, Indiana.
- Tatuaje Cigars: Posted a picture on Facebook of the banding for the upcoming Tatuaje 10th Anniversary cigar. A picture of a new band for the new Tatuaje Tattoo was also posted. In terms of the new Tattoo, the comment from Tatuaje was “Different size and maybe a different blend. Not sure yet”. We assessed the original Tattoo back in August 2011. Additional details and perspectives were posted on Leaf and Grape.
- Torano Family Cigars: A press release announcing Palio accessories and E Cigars will now be distributed by Torano Family Cigars.
- Viaje: A third vitola has been released with the latest release cycle of Skull and Bones. This one is the 5 x 60 Skull and Bones Big Ivan. This has shipped to some Viaje Retailers along with the Skull and Bones Fat Man and Little Boy 2013 and the Viaje Super Shot 2013 Corojo and Criollo.
- CAO Right Coast
- Nat Sherman Timeless Collection (Nicaraguan)
- Surrogates Crystal Baller by L’Atelier Imports
- RoMa Craft Tobac Intemperance BA XXI
- Tatuaje Black Label Lancero