The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
News and Previews
- Alec Bradley: Company President Alan Rubin posted a picture on his Facebook page saying “Testing a new blend of the 2013 Fine and Rare”. A couple of weeks ago, we noted on Cigar Week Wrap an interview that Vice President of Marketing, Sam Phillips did with Over a Cigar hinting that another Alec Bradley Fine and Rare could be released in 2013.
- Boutique Blends: Information (including a picture first seen on Cigar Coop) on the Aging Room Small Batch M21 was released this week.
- Camacho Cigars: We previewed the recently released Ditka Throwback – the fourth release in Camacho’s Mike Ditka cigar line.
- Oliva Cigar Company: Information on the Oliva Serie V Melanio Maduro was released this week.
- PDR Cigars: Showed off another picture of the A. Flores 1975 Gran Reserva Half Corona. A Cigar Aficionado report from February’s ProCigar festival indicated this is a 3 1/2 x 40 cigar with a Brazilian wrapper wrapped around Nicaraguan and Dominican tobacco.
- Royal Gold Cigars: Swisher International’s new premium cigar division announced two of their premium offerings – the Royal Gold HRS and the Kismet. Cigar Insider has also reported that Drew Estate will be producing a cigar for them this Fall.
- S.A.G. Imports: Announced the sixth (and what is said to be final vitola) of the Oktoberfest – the Krone will be added as a part of the Oktoberfest 2013 launch.
- Sosa Cigars: Posted a picture of a cigar called the Sosa Limitado Stout Torpedo and the Sosa Undergound– soon to be released cigars.
- Tatuaje Cigars: On the Stogie 411 show, Tatuaje founder Pete Johnson disclosed some details around the 2013 Monster Series entry – Tatuaje Monster Series No. 6.
- Torano Family Cigars: In an interview with company president Charlie Torano, on the Corona Cigar Company blog, Torano mentioned some new happenings in 2013 for the company. This includes a new limited edition cigar in the Exodus line called “Exodus Fine”, new packaging for the Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta, and the second blend in the Vault line we reported a couple of weeks ago.
- CRA: Former NBA Star John Salley has indicated his support for Cigar Rights of America
- FDA: Since last week’s report, an additional 2 co-sponsors have signed on to HR 792 – making for a total 87 co-sponsors (88 total sponsors).
- Minnesota: The city of Rosemount, located south of the St. Paul/Minneapolis area has passed a ban on Indoor Tobacco Sampling.
- Starbucks: Has instituted a ban on smoking within 25 feet of their stores.