The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
News and Previews
- Altadis USA: On the 6/1/13 Cigar Dave Show, Vice President Janelle Rosenfeld indicated the company is planning on launching two Nicaraguan puros at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show. Rosenfeld also confirmed a fourth size is coming to the H. Upmann Legacy – a limited edition 6 x 60.
- Asylum Cigars: The Asylum 13 Authentic Corojo has begun shipping – and we learn of a banding change in the works.
- Boutique Blends: Posted a picture of the soon to be released Swag S. We noted this cigar back in March.
- Drew Estate: Chairman Jonathan Drew posted a picture on Facebook of a band for a cigar called Nirvana. The cigar appears to be a Cameroon wrapped blend. According to the caption, more information is coming mid July.
- Edgar Hoill Cigars: Edgar Hoill was a guest on the 6/1/13 Kiss My Ash Radio and indicated the OSOK Nicaragua edition will be the next cigar released in his line. The cigar is expected to launch at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show. The cigar will be made in Nicaragua.
- E.P. Carrillo: We covered details on the upcoming 7 x 70 line extension to the E.P. Carrillo Inch line.
- Ezra Zion Cigars: The company has added line extensions to the Jamais Vu and Reagan lines.
- Espinosa Cigars: Issued a press release on the new 601 La Bomba Warhead. This is a limited edition Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper offering. We noted this cigar was coming out back on May 20th.
- Iconic Leaf Cigar Company: The company announced the four retailers that will receive a pre IPCPR release of the Recluse Draconian.
- L’Atelier Imports: Additional information has surfaced on the IPCPR-only Extension de la Racine project.
- Miami Cigar and Company: The company has officially announced the second cigar in the Casa Miranda line called Chapter Two. On the Stogie Fresh 5 Podcast, it was indicated in that the company will not be issuing a Nestor Miranda 2013 Grand Reserve due to tobacco issues. The company is targeting a return in 2014. It was mentioned this version will have a red band. Meanwhile, Assistant Director of Marketing Barry Stein posted a picture on instagram of a cigar called the KILO. This cigar will be released at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show and is a cigar blended by Stein.
- Moya Ruiz Cigars: In an interview with CigarChat, co-owner Danny Moya announced that the company will be soon a Nicaraguan Habano version of their La Jugada cigar. The company currently offers a Mexican San Andres wrapper option.
- Rocky Patel Premium Cigars: Announced on several s social media outlets that it is looking for feedback to name the next cigar by Nimish Desai.
- Tatuaje: We previewed the new vitolas in the 10th Anniversary series.
- California: The city of Oceanside is considering an outdoor smoking ban at restaurants. Deputy Mayor Jerome Kern has voiced opposition to this proposal.
- Delaware: HB 138, a proposal which would double the tax rate on premium cigars was tabled in committee.
- FDA: A Citizen Co-Sponsor Project has been started for support for HR 792. Since last week’s report, an additional 1 co-sponsor has signed on to HR 792 – making for a total 88 co-sponsors (89 total sponsors).
This week we focused our assessments on revisiting previously assessed cigars.
On this date June 8th..