The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
- Part 2 of our IPCPR 2013 Trade Show Preview: Five General Things to Look For
- Our on-going IPCPR 2013 Digest is now in progress.
News and Previews
- 262 Cigars: A lancero is being added to the 262 Revere line.
- 7-20-4 Cigars: Rick Ardito, Director of Marketing and Sales was a guest on CigarChat and indicated the long awaited K.A. Kendall Spider will probably not be released until late summer. The Spider was announced at the 2012 IPCPR Trade Show, but has been delayed.
- Boutique Blends: In a first exclusive story given to Cigar Coop, we provide details around the new Swag S Maduro.
- Davidoff: The company announced their 2013 Golden Band Award Nominees. We have a very detailed breakdown of the nominees and how they stack up versus 2012. The company also officially launched the Davidoff Nicaragua line in New York this week.
- East India Trading Company: The subsidiary of Gurkha is releasing its fourth blend for 2013. We have a preview of the new value-priced Prize Fighter line.
- Kristoff: Glen Case provided some details and packaging to us (things beyond last week’s announcement) on the new Kristoff Galerones line. We also previewed the upcoming limited edition 685 Woodlawn.
- Martin Family of Cigars: The Chattanooga Tweet Up Event reported this week that the company pulled out of the event due to the fact that the company has shut down. Halfwheel.com has followed up and confirmed the story.
- Nomad Cigar Company: We look a little closer at the new Nomad LE Esteli Lot 1386.
- Ocean State Cigars: Announced the J. Grotto Reserve Lancero will be a regular production offering.
- Ortega Premium Cigars: We take a closer look at the return of the Cubao line as well as the new Ortega Mini Cigars line.
- Padilla Cigars: Brand Ambassador Susana Aragon is leaving the company to pursue interests outside the cigar industry.
- Rocky Patel Premium Cigars: Announced a 6 x 60 Battalion is being added to the Edge Habano line.
- S.A.G. Imports: Terence Reilly mentioned a Culebra is coming out under the Regius line.
- Torano Family Cigars: The second of “Blends from the Vault”, the Torano Vault D-042 was officially announced. Last week, Jack Torano was guest on Over a Cigar and mentioned the company is planning a third installment to its Master series in 2014.
- Viaje: The Viaje TNT, Viaje C-4 and Viaje Summerfest are returning for 2013.
- Villiger Cigars: Posted a picture of the new Villiger Selecto. From the caption, it appears this is targeted as an IPCPR 2013 release.
- Zander-Greg: A press release announced a new corona size is being added to the Nat Cicco Rejects line as well as the repackaging of the Jamaican Rounds line.
- FDA: Since last week’s report, an additional 9 co-sponsors have signed on to HR 792 –making for a total 101 co-sponsors (102 total sponsors). Meanwhile Senators Dean Heller of Nevada and Jim Inhofe have signed on for the companion Senate Bill S 772, bringing the total co-sponsors to 9 (10 sponsors overall).
- Texas: The city of Irving, Texas is considering a smoking ban that would effect bars and restaurants.
- Wyoming: The city of Casper, Wyoming amended a smoking ban ordinance to provide an exemption to allow smoking in bars and private clubs.
- Atabey by Selected Tobacco
- Ditka Throwback by Camacho Cigars
- El Centurion (2013) by My Father Cigars
- Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Honest Abe “Ringmaster”
On this date June 22nd…
- June 22 2012: We had a short Cigar Conversation with Rocky Patel at Outman Cigars in Greenville, South Carolina.
- June 22 2012: We did a Feature Story on “How Long Should Tobacco Be Aged”?