The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
- Part 3 of our IPCPR 2013 Trade Show Preview: Spotlight on Five Entities “Telling a Story”
- Our on-going IPCPR 2013 Digest is now in progress.
News and Previews
- 7-20-4: The company announced the long awaited K.A. Kendall Spider will be released in August. The Hustler line will also become a regular production line with a new Dog Walker size added.
- Arandoza Cigars: The company has announced a new cigar called the Arandoza White. The company will also be re-banding the current Arandoza Blue offering.
- Boutique Blends: The Aging Room Maduro will be launched at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show. We have the details here.
- Davidoff: Jim Young, president of Davidoff North America was a guest on the 6/22/13 Kiss My Ash Radio and confirmed there will be a “Year of the Horse” cigar as well as two cigars commemorating 25th anniversary events at Davidoff.
- Drew Estate: The company has announced that they have acquired Heavenly Cigar Company.
- Emilio Cigars: The company is planning on releasing the long awaited Carpe Noctem this November.
- E.P. Carrillo: We covered a new cigar that at this time is only available at Casa de Montecristo in Chicago called Generosos by E.P. Carrillo.
- Espinosa Cigars: The company will be producing a special event only corona size of both the Espinosa Habano and Espinosa Maduro for the 2013 Chattanooga Tweet Up and Cigar Festival.
- Fabricas Unidas: We previewed the new EIROA and CLE Plus lines. We also took a look at the company’s new Aladino factory.
- Fratello Cigars: This will be a new company and line that will launch at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- The Griffins: We take a look at the brand’s 2013 Special Edition release – The Griffin’s Casino Special Edition
- Gran Habano: Details of the upcoming George Rico STK Miami were released. This cigar will be launched at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- L’Atelier Imports: We look further into a cigar we’ve been tracking for several weeks, the Extension de la Racine ER13. The company also published a promotional video on their Facebook page showing the banding of the Surrogates Animal Cracker.
- La Palina Cigars: The company has announced the second blend (and third release) of the La Palina Collection – the Mr. Sam. The company also announced three line extensions to the La Palina Classic and a petite lancero for the La Palina Maduro.
- La Sirena Cigars: The company will release a line extension to the Merlion in a perfecto shape called the Sea Lion. A Miami Cigar and Company representative posted a picture on Twitter of a new La Sirena Lancero. This will be a retail exclusive to Silo Cigars in Knoxville, Tennessee. This cigar will be released in Connecticut Broadleaf and Nicaraguan Habano
- Lou Rodriguez Cigars: Will launch the Lou Rod at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Padron Cigars: A new four cigar sampler of the 1926 Serie will be released.
- PDR Cigars: The company has announced the AFR-75 and A. Flores Gran Reserva. Both cigars will be launched at 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Room 101 Cigars: We provided details on the Room 101 Serie HN. The company also posted a picture of the Master Collection One. We reported this story back in February.
- Royal Gold Cigars: Will launch the Nirvana Cameroon Selection this October. This cigar will be made at the Drew Estate factory.
- S.A.G. Imports: As we reported a few weeks ago, the Tres Reynas is returning. This time the 2013 edition will feature new bands. We also previewed a pair of limited release retail exclusive vitolas of the Heisenberg coming to Tobacco Plaza in Great Neck, New York called the Heisenberg TP40Q.
- Torano Family Cigars: The company is added a limited edition to its Exodus line – the Torano Exodus Finite. This cigar will be launched at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Viaje: Shipments of the Viaje TNT, Viaje C-4 and Viaje Summerfest have arrived at retailers.
- Villiger: We previewed the company’s new 125th anniversary cigar called the Villiger 125.
- California: The proposed Oceanside Smoking Ban in bars and restaurants did not receive a motion to vote. We reported on this on Cigar Week Wrap Volume 2, Number 21.
- FDA: There were no new co-sponsors for HR 792. The count remains 101 co-sponsors (102 sponsors total). Meanwhile the FDA has exercised its power to regulate tobacco products for the first time this week – this time in the cigarette arena.
- Texas: A proposed smoking ban in public workplaces died in the State Senate.
On this date June 29th…
- June 29 2012: We assessed the ultra-limited Viaje Summerfest Robusto 2010.
- June 29 2012: We posted a press release on the Montecristo Epic Vintage 2007 by Altadis USA. This cigar would go on to be our #11 Cigar of the Year for 2012.