The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
The IPCPR Trade Show was the big story of the week. We will restructure things a bit this week to talk about show news and news outside the show. We thank the IPCPR for the opportunity to cover the show. We cover it like no one else.
- Part 7 of our IPCPR 2013 Trade Show Preview: Around the Show Floor (3rd Installment)
- Our on-going IPCPR 2013 Digest is now in progress.
IPCPR News and Events
- News: IPCPR Kicks Off 2013 Annual Convention and Trade Show
- Davidoff Golden Band Award Winners for 2013 Announced
IPCPR News and Previews
- Altadis: We previewed the new Monte by Montecristo and the reincarnation of the Juan Lopez line to the Altadis portfolio. We also looked at the new Montecristo Connoisseur Edition Collection, this is a sampler pack with cigars from Montecristo’s four regional releases.
- Alec Bradley: We took a closer preview of the Racies Cubanas cigar – the joint project between Alec Bradley and Raices Cubanas
- A.J. Fernandez Cigars: We learned about three new cigars coming out after the trade show: San Lotano Oval Connecticut, a Pinolero Maduro and the El Mayimbe.
- Asylum Cigars: As we reported in June, new bands are coming to the Asylum 13 Authentic Corojo that differ from the first batch sent to retailers. Here is a look.
- Drew Estate: Announced the launch of eight pipe tobaccos under the Drew Estate Classics line.
- E.P. Carrillo: We looked at the E Stunner and the E.P. Carrillo Edicion Limitada 2013
- General Cigar: Hands down this company had the most new product at the show. Here is a preview.
- Gurkha Cigars: We took a look at Gurkha Cellar Reserve Limitada, Gurkha 125th Anniversary Special Edition, and the Gurkha Evil Goliath (7 x 70).
- Iconic Leaf Cigar Company: The long awaited Recluse Draconian Sidewinder vitolas were unveiled at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- J.C. Newman Cigar Company: We previewed the new addition to the Brick House Maduro line – the Brick House Robusto Maduro.
- La Gloria Cubana: We took a look at the new La Gloria Cubana Serie R Esteli
- Kristoff: From the Galerones line, we previewed the Kristoff Galerones DR4 and the Kristoff Galerones Sentido
- Moya Ruiz Cigars: We took a look at the company’s second release, La Jugada Habano by Moya Ruiz Cigars
- Rocky Patel Premum Cigars: We looked at the Rocky Patel Platinum and the new Gary Sheffield cigar – the HR500 2013 Edition.
- Royal Gold Cigars: We got the details behind the Drew Estate blended Nirvana Cameroon Select.
- Tatuaje: We got a look at the new Tatuaje Avion 13 Reserva
- Viaje: We took a look at Viaje Satori 2013.
- Drew Estate: While this announcement came last week, we have our feature story on the retirement of Steve Saka.
- House of Emilio: Announced that Bodega Premium Blends (BPB) has become the eighth line they will distribute.
- Rodrigo Cigars: We previewed the upcoming Corona Project.
- FDA: Since last week’s report, an additional 2 co-sponsors have signed on to HR 792 –making for a total 107 co-sponsors (108 total sponsors).
- July 20th 2012: We assessed the Pinar Del Rio Small Batch Reserve Habano