The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
Avo Uvezian, the man behind Avo Cigars was involved in a serious automobile accident. While it appears Avo will be fine, it also appears he will have a long recovery. Jeff Borysiewicz, President of Corona Cigar Company and someone who is close with Avo posted the following message on his Facebook account:
Our dear friend Avo got in a pretty bad car accident last night. With the grace of God, it looks like he will be OK. However, Avo’s recovery could take some time. I know it would mean a lot to him if we surprised him with a huge delivery of “Get well soon” cards and cheer him on his way to back to health. Please pass this info on and mail cards to Avo Uvezian, 7792 W Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, Fl 32819. We will hand deliver them to him every day until he makes a full recovery. Thank you everyone for help.
In addition email messages to Avo can be sent to email@example.com
This week have more recaps from the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show. Be sure to continue to follow our IPCPR 2013 Digest – which is still in progress. We also continue to cover additional cigar news.
IPCPR News and Previews
- Boutique Blends: We featured a Cigar Conversation we had with Boutique Blends President Rafael Nodal that we recorded at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Davidoff: We previewed the Davidoff 25th Anniversary and the Davidoff Colorado Claro Anniversario No. 3
- Elogio: We previewed the Elogio Robusto Limitada
- Guayacan Cigars: We previewed the Guayacan Maduro.
- J.C. Newman: We previewed a new line launched at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show called El Reloj
- Partagas: We previewed the Partagas Black Label Puritos line extension.
- Zino: We took at look at the upcoming Zino “The Make of L.A.” line.
- Alec Bradley: Alliance Cigar will become the exclusive distributor for the Alec Bradley Maxx Connecticut,
- CLE: Butthead’s Tobacco Emporium in Danbury, Connecticut will be getting a retail exclusive 11/18 vitola for the CLE Plus line – the CLE Plus 11/18.
- Cuenca Cigars: The Cuenca 5 Anniversary Robusto Box Pressed has become the second vitola of the Cuenca 5 Anniversary line.
- Drew Estate: Two line extensions to My Uzi Weighs a Ton will be distributed exclusively by Alliance Cigar – the My Uzi Weighs a Ton Kemosabe and W.O.P.R.
- El Cedro Cigars: We previewed the first line of this new cigar company – El Cedro
- Elogio: The Robusto Especial vitola is being added to the Elogio to Serie LSV and Serie Habano Lines.
- La Aurora: The Guillermo Leon Signature Lancero is a retail exclusive coming to W. Curtis Draper in the Washington DC.
- Steve Saka: The former Drew Estate CEO was a guest on the Cigar Authority Radio Show and discussed his Recent Retirement.
- FDA: Since last week’s report, an additional 2 co-sponsors have signed on to HR 792 –making for a total 116 co-sponsors (117 total sponsors).
- Hawaii: Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell has recently signed into law two bills that ban smoking in public places across Oahu, including bus stops, beaches, parks, tennis courts, softball fields and public pools. Public golf courses will be exempt. (Courtesy of Half-Ashed Episode 26)
- August 10th 2011: We assessed the Nestor Miranda Grand Reserve 2011
- August 10th 2012: We posted a press release on the 2012 relelase of the Cohiba Edicion Diamante. This was a release launched at the 2012 IPCPR Trade Show
- August 10th 2012: We previewed the release of the La Palina Maduro line. This was a line launched at the 2012 IPCPR Trade Show.
- August 10th 2012: We provided a preview of the VegaFina Fortaleza 2 by Altadis – which was launched at the 2012 IPCPR Trade Show.