Kings Cigars is a new company that has come on the scene in 2013. The company was present at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show and at the recent Chattanooga Tweet Up and Cigar Festival. The company has plans currently in the process of launchin three cigar blends in the next few weeks, with an additional three blends to follow-up up later this year.
Kings Cigars has been a near three year project that was started by Anwar Mithavayani and Pete Tyndale. From the company web-site, Mithavayani is the Director of Sales while Tyndale is listed as the Master Blender. The company actually has two factories – on in Santiago, Dominican Republic and the other in Esteli, Nicaragua. The company is headquartered in Pompano Beach, Florida.
The theme of the cigars is around royalty, and the cigar names reflect this. Here are the three cigars currently being launched. The company has a great focus on making sure that cigars are only released when they are aged properly.
- Baron: This is Kings’ Cigars Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper release. The company is positioning this cigar as a Ecuadorian Connecticut as being medium to full-bodied – something less typical with a cigar of this wrapper.
- Conde: This is a San Andres maduro offering by Kings Cigars. According to the company web-site, this cigar mentions that “leathery undertones dominate this highly complex smoke”.
- King of Kings: This is a release targeted for an October 2013 release. It is being released in a single size – a 6 x 64 box-press.
|Kings Cigars – Conde Churchill|
|Kings Cigars – King of Kings|
There are three other cigars being targeted for a 2013 release:
- King of Kings Limited Edition: This is being targeted as a “holiday” release and appears to be a Broadleaf wrapper version of King of Kings
- Virrey: At press time no details are known other than a targeted November, 2013 release.
- Duque: At press time no details are known other than a targeted November, 2013 release.