The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
- 1502 Cigars: We had an exclusive preview of the upcoming corona-sized line line extension to the 1502 Black Gold line.
- Altadis: Announced a new Nicaraguan puro line called RyJ by Romeo y Julieta.
- CigarChat: Our friends at CigarChat will be now carried by the Armed Forces Radio Network Programming
- Commonwealth Cedar Spills: The company officially announced its Cigar Maker Placards program.
- Epicurean Cigars: We had an exclusive story on the upcoming Epicurean Carnival release.
- House of Emilio: Announced that Smokin Joe’s in Knoxville, Tennessee has become their third House of Emilio Master Retailer – joining Havertown PA’s Wooden Indian Tobacco and Charlotte, NC’s Outland Cigars.
- JM Tobacco: We previewed the new JM Dominican Classic Maduro.
- La Flor Dominicana: Announced they will be releasing a limited edition La Flor Dominicana Collector’s Edition Mysterio in time for the “holiday” season. The company also officially announced the Small Batch No. 5 and a 64 ring gauge ligero. We had noted a report on the latter two projects back in August.
- Lite Up Charlotte: The fourth annual cigar festival was held October 5th, 2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- My Father Cigars: Janny Garcia put a teaser on Instagram about a potential La Duena Black Edition. No further details were disclosed.
- Nomad Cigar Company: Fred Rewey posted a photo on social media indicating “Might have a final blend for the Nomad Connecticut” – indicating a Connecticut Shade wrapped Nomad cigar is in the works.
- Reinado Cigars: Antonio Lam was a guest on Stogie Geeks and some exclusive information of the Grand Empire Reserve 6 x 60, Connecticut Line, and 5th Anniversary
- Rocky Patel Premium Cigars: On the Cigar Authority radio program, Rocky Patel indicated there will be another II.XXVI cigar released next year, but no word on whether it is another batch released or a new blend.
- Torano Family Cigars: Officially launched and shipped the re-packaged Torano Reserva Selecta.
- Xikar: We previewed the company’s new Scribe Lighter offerings and new Outdoorsman Gift Pack.
- Zander-Greg: We previewed the Nat Cicco Cuban Legends Habano.
- CRA: Issued a communication of candidates supporting the cigar industry running for public office.
- FDA: There were no additional sponsors added to HR 792 this week. The count remains at a total of 124 co-sponsors (125 total sponsors).
- New York: A judge in New York has ordered an end to a Smoking Ban imposed on New York State parks and beaches last February. Justice George Ceresia ruled “that the state parks agency had “extended their reach beyond interstitial rulemaking and into the realm of legislating.”
- Sosa Cigars in Downtown Disney: Disney has informed Sosa Cigars that their lead will not be renewed. Sosa is one of the great American smoke shops in the country. There is a petition floating around to sign.
- Davidoff Golden Band Awards 2012
- Miro Special Edition Lancero (Pre-Release Review)
- Paul Gamirian Symphony 20 Limited Edition Salomones
- Tatuaje Avion 13 FF
- VegaFina Sumum Edicion Especial 2012 by Altadis USA
This week Antonio Lam was our special guest from Reinado Cigars. Antonio took us through his beginnings in the cigar industry, to the growth of his company, and some of the things happening in the future. We were also joined by Paul Joyal of Ocean State Cigars for the duration of the show.
Then we went through our smokes of the week. Once again, we had a pretty big list, but we talked about a lot of good smokes. Here is the list of the smokes and their associated mini-reviews:
Casa Fernandez Aniversario Series Boheme No. 35 (Pre-Release)
Casa Fuente Rosado Sun Grown
Davidoff Golden Band Awards 2012
Epicurean Gonzo Vintage 2007
Iconic Leaf Recluse Kanu #1
La Duena Lancero
La Gloria Cubana Obelisco
Liga Privada #9 (Limited “Rat” Size)
Montecristo New York Connoisseur Edition by Altadis USA
Miro Special Edition Lancero
Opus X xXx Belicoso Extra aka Power Ranger
Paul Gamirian 15th Anniversary Robusto
Paul Gamirian Gourmet Series Short Robusto
Paul Gamirian Reserva Exclusiva
Perdomo Edicion De Silvio Robusto
Perdomo Edicion De Silvio Salamon Natural
PG Artisans Passion
Pura Soul Robusto
RoMa Craft Petite Robusto Sampler
Tatuaje 10th Anniversary Grand Chasseur TAA 2013
Tatuaje TAA 2012
Viaje Holiday Blend 2012 Petite Robusto
- October 12th 2010: We discussed a long ash from a 262 Paradigm
- October 12th 2010: We did a short article discussing elections and being a cigar enthusiast.
- October 12th 2010: We assessed the Roxor Maduro Torpedo
- October 12th 2010: We noted some humidor seasoning guidelines from J.C. Newman.
- October 12th 2010: We noted a report of a potential outdoor smoking ban in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
- October 12th 2012: We previewed K.A. Kendall’s Spider by 7-20-4 Cigars. This is a cigar that just recently shipped this month.