The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
- Boutique Blends: Company president Rafael Nodal was a guest on the 10/27/13 Cigar Authority show and announced the new Aging Room Bin No. 1 Cigar for 2014.
- CAO: The brand will be releasing the La Traviata Angry Santa and Evil Snowman
- East India Trading Company: The subsidiary brand of Gurkha Cigar Group has announced a limited edition box-press to the Wicked Indie line.
- Ezra Zion Cigar Company: Co-owners Kyle Hoover and Chris Kelly appeared on Episode 71 of Stogie Geeks and discussed the upcoming Ezra Zion FHK.
- Legacy Brands: A launch of the Ora Vivo Armand Assante cigar will be held November 2nd in Matawan, NJ featuring film actor Armand Assante. On his Facebook page, Victor Vitale, the owner of Legacy Brands on his other brand Tortuga said, “I’m working on a few new blends for this spring. Tortuga Ambassadors, the Master Ambassador will be in touch very soon…Currently experimenting with Pennsylvania and Kentucky tobacco. Interesting… I also have a few aces up my sleeve that will blow your palate off the charts. Working on a Miami production as well. “
- Nat Sherman: Michael Herklots posted a picture of a 6 x 38 version of the Nat Sherman 1930.
- Ortega Premium Cigars: Eddie Ortega posted a photo of the Wild Bunch Sampler #4 – containing the last three installments of the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 – Warrior Joe, Da Byrdman, and Crazy Jack. We also previewed the Warrior Joe in detail. Finally, Ortega posted a photo of the packaging of the 12 cigar sampler Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 series containing one of each of the Wild Bunch releases.
- Ted’s Cigars: The company is launching the new Patron Anejo Seasoned Cigar. This is being done in collaboration with Patron Tequila. This has now shipped to retailers.
- Viaje: We updated our story on the Viaje Full Moon 2013 and Skull and Bones M?stery 2013.
- FDA: No co-sponsors were added to HR792. The count remains total of 128 co-sponsors (129 total sponsors).
- New York: The New York City Council voted 35-10 to raise to age to buy tobacco to 21. As a part of this legislation, restrictions are being enacted on discounts and promotions around tobacco products. Mayor Michael Bloomberg has said he will sign this proposed legislation.
- Sosa Cigars in Downtown Disney: Disney has informed Sosa Cigars that their lead will not be renewed. Sosa is one of the great American smoke shops in the country. There is a petition floating around to sign.
- La Gloria Cubana Serie R Esteli
- Lou Rodriguez La Mano Negra
- Monte by Montecristo (Altadis USA)
- Ora Vivo Armand Assante
This month I discuss New York City raising of the age to buy tobacco to 21 and why voters should factor this into New York’s Mayoral election.
As we mentioned Kyle Hoover and Chris Kelly of Ezra Zion Cigar Company were our guests on Episode 71 of Stogie Geeks. Hoover and Kelly took us through the start of the company, their lines, and even discussed the upcoming Honor Series FHK toward the end of the show.
We went through our smokes of the week, and did a segment on pairings.. This week’s cigars included:
AKA Solace Cloud Nine
Arturo Fuente 858 Sungorwn Rosado
Arturo Fuente Anejo #48 Maduro Churchill
Avo Classic No. 2 Tubos Connecticut Toro
CRAFT 2013 – La Campana de Panama Soberana by RoMa Craft Tobac
Davidoff of Geneva 25th AnniversaryEPC Federal Cigar Exclusive Medalla D’ Oro
Hechicera by Sotolongo Cigars
Kristoff Galerones DR4 Toro
La Flor Dominicana Factory Press II
La Flor Dominicana Factory Press III
Lou Rodriguez La Mano Negra
My Father Le Bijou 1922 Box Pressed Torpedo
Opus X Forbidden X Lancero (Release 2010)
Punch Petite Corona
Tatuaje El Triunfador Original Lancero
Tatuaje Havana VI Gorditos Toro Grande
- November 2nd 2011: We posted a press release announcing the launch of the East India Trading Company and Wicked Indie Cigar.
- November 2nd 2012: We posted a press release announcing the launch of Emilio Cigar’s La Musa line.
- November 2nd 2012: We posted a press release announcing a distribution agreement in the Asian market for Primer Mundo cigars.
- November 2nd 2012: We posted a press release announcing the Sosa Cigars Auric Perfectum.
- November 2nd 2012: We assessed the Viaje Skull and Bones M?stery BP 2012 (Maduro)