The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
- AVO: We previewed the Avo Movement TAA Limited Release. This release was shipped to TAA retailers last week.
- Casa Fernandez: The company announced the new JFR Junior Corojo and Maduro and the Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf Maduro Illustre.
- Davidoff: The company has started to ship its Davidoff Golden Band Awards 2013 Cigar to those retailers who were recipients of the award.
- J. Fuego Cigar Company: The company has made a retail exclusive cigar for Famous Smoke Shop called The Judge by J. Fuego.
- La Flor Dominicana: We previewed a retail exclusive for Tobacco Plaza in Great Neck, New York called La Flor Dominicana TP Triple Threat.
- Matilde Cigars: We previewed the first blend of Jose Seijas new company.
- Nomad Cigar Company: Fred Rewey’s company officially launched their third line, the Nomad S-307
- S.A.G Imports: Announced they are releasing an exclusive cigar under the Quesada brand for the Cigar Aficionado Big Smoke events in Las Vegas and New York.
- Ted’s Cigars: The company has launched a cigar Samuel Adams Utopias Cigar by Ted’s Cigars. This is a collaboration with Boston Brewing Company in which a cigar has been produced based on the limited Samuel Adams Utopias beverage.
- FDA: No co-sponsors were added to HR792. The count remains total of 128 co-sponsors (129 total sponsors). This past week the IPCPR met with members of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Currently his agency is analyzing the economic impacts of FDA regulations on premium cigars. The meeting helped focus attention on the economic needs important to cigar retailers, including: in-store humidors, self-service displays, seasonal releases & special editions, access to financial capital, sampling events, age verification, and preserving the cigar store experience. The IPCPR expects FDA regulations on premium cigars to be released for public comment within the next few weeks, which could forever alter or eliminate your small business and livelihood.
- Federal: The Marketplace Fairness Act, a bill that would have allowed states to collect sales tax on online cigar purchases stalled in a House committee.
- AFR-75 by PDR Cigars
- Bold by Nish Patel
- D’Crossier Diplomacy Series Robusto
- Kristoff Galerones Sentido
- Reinado Grand Empire Reserve Petite Lancero
In addition to a special interview with Booth, the Stogie Geeks team discussed their smokes of the week and had a segment discussing cigar cutters and lighters. This week’s smokes of the week included:
Camacho Connecticut Toro (Old Release)
Camacho Liberty 2013
D’Crossier Diplomacy Series Robusto
Emilio Series H Maduro
Four Kicks Limitada “Mule Kick”
Kristoff Galerones Sentido Toro
La Aurora Cien Anos Maduro Robusto
La Aurora 107 Maduro Robusto
Monte by Montecristo Jacopo No. 2 (Altadis USA)
Ora Vivo Armand Assante 5 x 54
Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 – Gearhead Gary Crankshaft
Paul’s Mini Reviews
Surrogates Animal Cracker by L’Atelier Imports
Tatuaje 10th Anniversary Belle Encre Perfecto
The Griffin’s XXV Special Edition (2009 Jar)
Zino Platinum Z-Class Toro
- November 9th 2010: We covered the news of Tim Ozgener departing CAO.
- November 9th 2012: We previewed the launch of the Ortega Wild Bunch.
- November 9th 2012: We assessed the La Gloria Cubana Trunk Show Twenty Twelve Liga YG-23.