The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Feature of the Week: Bellatto / Caldwell / Sears Holy Braille
A little over a year ago, Robert Caldwell quietly announced his return to the Cigar Industry with his Impromptu Series – a collaboration with Tony Bellatto and Jaclyn Sears. Now know as Bellatto / Caldwell / Sears, one year later Caldwell is red hot. This past week we previewed another limited small batch releae under this line called the Holy Braille.
News and Previews
- Arturo Fuente: Donated four boxes of the Don Arturo Gran AnniverXario Destino al Siglo to the ProCigar 2015 Charity Auction.
- Corporacion Cigar Export: Donated a special cigar press replica to the ProCigar 2015 Charity Auction.
- Dante Cigars: The company announced its first limited edition, the Dante Purple Mofo.
- Drew Estate: Details on the SmokeInn MicroBlend shop exclusive, “The Pope of Greenwich Village” have been announced.
- La Flor Dominicana: Donated a special box of cigars rolled personally by company founder Litto Gomez to the ProCigar 2015 Charity Auction.
- Macanudo: At the ProCigar 2015 Charity Auction, General Cigar will auction off a a one of a kind “Cigar Barn” Humidor featuring the Macanudo Estate Reserve Limited Edition Jamaica.
- Quesada Cigars: The company made its big announcement at ProCigar 2015, the Quesada Reserva Privada. The company also donated a special humidor to the ProCigar 2015 Charity Auction.
- Tabacalera de Garcia: Donated the Montecristo Icon Humidor to the ProCigar 2015 Charity Auction.
- Trinidad: We previewed the upcoming new release to Altadis USA’s Trinidad line called Trinidad Lost Blends.
- Arizona: The city of Phoenix is looking at banning smoking in public housing.
- Federal: No new co-sponsors were added to the House and Senate bills proposing exemption of premium cigars from FDA regulation. The sponsor count is 46 for the House Bill (HR 662) and 11 for the Senate Bill (S. 441)
- New Jersey: A proposal to ban smoking in the capital city of Trenton’s City Parks was pulled over enforcement concerns.
- Nebraska: The bill (LB 118) to restore smoking to Cigar Bars in Nebraska has passed in the legislature. It is now headed to Governor Pete Ricketts desk for signature.
- Washington: Attorney General Bob Ferguson’s proposal to raise the smoking age in the State from 18 to 21 passed in a 12-3 voted in the State House Health and Wellness Committee. The bills (HB 1458 SB 5494) still must pass both legislative houses and be signed off by Governor Jay Inslee.
- Dram Cask No.2 Toro by C & C Cigars (Pairing with Defiant Whisky)
- Jailbreak by Viva Republica
- Kuuts Nicaraguan Blend Toro
- Quesada Seleccion Espana Petit Belicoso
- February 21st 2011: We previewed the My Father Cigars’ La Reloba Seleccion Mexico.
- February 21st 2012: We did Assessment Updates on the San Cristobal Elegancia and Tortuga 215 Edicion Limitada 2011
- February 21st 2013: We assessed the EH Pasion by Edgar Hoill Cigars
- February 21st 2014: We assessed the Kristoff Galerones Intensivo