HVC Cigars has announced its 2022 Black Friday Limited Edition Cigar.
The big change is the 2022 HVC Black Friday will be coming from the HVC Boutique Factor in Estelí, Nicaragua. Previous installments of the Black Friday Series have been coming from the TABSA Factory. The cigar is a 5 1/2 x 50 Robusto featuring a Habano Cafe wrapper from Ecuador over all Nicaraguan tobaccos. A total of 600 50-count boxes have been produced. Pricing is set at $8.50 per cigar.
In an email communication from HVC Cigars’ owner Reinier Lorenzo, he talked a little more about the details of the blend, “This year I went on different direction when I come to the blend from previous years. I am a flavor hunter when I come to blending, so this year in this blend. I not use Ligero only Visos and Secos in the filler most from Jalapa region and a little bit of Esteli but the visos are powerful enough to bring the cigar a unique body to this blend. For the wrapper Habano 92 from Cuba growing in Ecuador.”
The Black Friday limited edition cigar is meant to coincide with the unofficial U.S. holiday Black Friday. Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is known as the biggest shopping day of the year. The HVC Black Friday 2022 is scheduled to ship in the late October/early November timeframe
Since 2015, there have been nine installments of the HVC Black Friday Series. (There were two Black Friday releases in 2020.) Each year’s installment of the HVC Black Friday has been in a different size. There have been a variety of different wrapper options.
- HVC Black Friday 2015: 6 1/2 x 48 (Nicaraguan Corojo ’99)
- HVC Black Friday 2016: 6 3/4 x 48 (Nicaraguan Corojo ’99)
- HVC Black Friday 2017: 4 x 48 (Nicaraguan Corojo ’99)
- HVC Black Friday 2018: 5 x 50 (San Andres)
- HVC Black Friday 2019: 4 1/2 x 52 (Habano Café)
- HVC Black Friday 2020: 5 5/8 x 46 (Habano Café)
- HVC Black Friday Firecracker 2020: 3 1/2 x 50 (Habano Café)
- HVC Black Friday 2021: 4 3/8 x 54 (Connecticut Broadleaf)
- HVC Black Friday 2022: 5 1/2 x50(Habano Café – Ecuador)