The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
Partnership with Stogie Geeks
We would like to think this week we made some news as we announced we are entering into a collaborative partnership with Stogie Geeks. We are very happy to collaborate our daily cigar news and reviews periodical with a leading cigar podcast and review site like the Stogie Geeks. The great news – the brands of Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks you know and love will be preserved, but also will be tightly integrated.
We will start to recap our podcast activities in the Cigar Week Wrap so you can catch up on things. Episode 63 is posted in which we have an interview with Fred Rewey of Nomad Cigar Company, a discussion on overrated/underrated cigars, and our smokes of the week. We broadcasted and recorded Episode 64 in which our special guest star was K.C. Johnson of L’Atelier Imports.
Stay tuned for further integration activities. We will also have some additional thoughts and perspectives in our next installment of “Editor’s Corner”.
IPCPR News and Previews
- D’Crossier Cigars: We previewed the line extensions to the D’Crossier Diplomacy Series Presidential Collection.
- The Football Cigar: We did a feature story from the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show on this company’s self-titled product line – The Football Cigar.
- Illusione: We previewed the latest release upcoming in the Singulare line – the Illusione Singulare 2013 Rose Croix.
- Blessed Leaf: This will be a new Christian themed cigar community that is being launched.
- Boutique Blends: The Aging Room Maduro and Aging Room M21 Ffortissimo have started to arrive at retailers.
- Brun del Re: We did a feature story on the Costa Rican based company – Brun del Re Cigars
- CRA: The company announced that Jorge Padron and Jim Young have been named to the CRA Board.
- Joya de Nicaragua: The company announced appointments to new executive positions, but the real blockbuster came the following day with the departure of Senior Vice President Jose Blanco.
- La Flor Dominicana: In an interview done with Emerson’s Cigars, Litto Gomez talked about plans for the Small Batch No. 5 and a 64 Ring Gauge.
- Lou Rodriguez Cigars: The company is adding a second vitola in the new Lou Rod line – Lou Rod “Snub Nose”.
- Sotolongo Cigars: This becomes the sixth company under the Fabricas Unidas umbrella. We previewed the first cigar – the Hechicera.
- FDA: Congress is in recess. HR 792 –remains at a total 116 co-sponsors (117 total sponsors). The FDA is also looking at regulating the sales of electronic cigarettes including a ban on online sales.
- Wyoming: A lawsuit has been filed by Keep Casper Smoke Free after the city of Casper decide they will not recount signatures collected to force a public referendum on Casper’s weakened smoking ban. Back in June we noted the city’s public smoking ban was amended to allow smoking in bars and restaurants.
- August 31st 2010: We recap our our visit to the Miami Cigar/La Aurora Lounge at the 2010 IPCPR Trade Show in New Orleans.
- August 31st 2011: It was announced that Jose Blanco was being named Senior Vice President of Joya de Nicaragua.
- August 31st 2012: We re-posted a press release announcing the launch of La Aurora’s Fernando Leon in NYC
- August 31st 2012: We assessed a pre-release version of the Zino Platinum Ten Toro X.