The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
News and Previews
- Alec Bradley: The company reported a break-in to its Hollywood, Florida Warehouse. According to an article in Cigar Aficonado, a reported 600k in retail value of product was taken. The Alec Bradley Fine and Rare HJ10-i Second Issue (2013) has begun to arrive at retailers.
- Blessed Leaf: The cigar-themed Christian Ministry will be launching their own cigar.
- Camacho Cigars: A fifth cigar to the Ditka Series, the Ditka 89 Edition will be launched later this year.
- Fratello Cigars: The company had their official launch on 9/20 – 9/21 at W. Curtis Draper in the Washington DC area. The Fratello cigar scored a 92 back on September 4th.
- Inter-Tabac: The 2013 edition of the European tobacco trade show is taking place this weekend in Dortmund, Germany (September 20-22).
- Miami Cigar and Company: A soft launch for the KILO was held at Primo Cigar Shop in Santa Fe, New Mexico on September 20th.
- Quesada Cigars: A national launch for the Quesada Oktoberfest Dunkel was held a Smoke Inn in Pompano Beach, Florida.
- FDA: There were no additional co-sponsors added to HR 792 this week. The count remains at a total of 123 co-sponsors (124 total sponsors).
- Nebraska: Lancaster County Judge Jodi Nelson has upheld the constitutionality of the State’s Smoking Ban – which could lead to cigar bars losing their exemption to the law. This was in response to an Omaha pool hall challenging the constitutionality of the smoking ban.
- Sosa Cigars in Downtown Disney: Disney has informed Sosa Cigars that their lead will not be renewed. Sosa is one of the great American smoke shops in the country. There is a petition floating around to sign.
- D’Crossier Imperium Class Vintage Trabuco
- KILO by Miami Cigar and Company (Pre-Release Review)
- Nestor Miranda Special Selection Exclusivo Regional (Pre-Release Review)
- Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Fast Eddie Eight-Ball
- Quesada Oktoberfest Dunkel (Pre-Release Review)
Episode 66 was posted this week. In this episode, we had Barry Stein from Miami Cigar and Company as our special guest.
Stein is well-known for being a pioneer in cigar media with founding A Cigar Smoker’s Journal. In 2012, he relocated to Miami and has become the Assistant Director of Marketing. Stein discusses the many projects going on at Miami Cigar and Company including his own blend, the KILO.
Our second half of the episode focused on our smokes of the week. This was highlighted by Paul giving the Tatuaje Black Label Corona Gorda 2013 an Oasis Rating – the highest rating on the Stogie Geeks show.
Aging Room Small Batch M21
Alec Bradley Black Market Punk Redux
Arturo Fuente Sun Grown Chateau Fuente
Camacho Corojo Bold Robusto Tubo
Casa Miranda Chapter Two
Casa Miranda Chapter Two Corona Gorda
Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario 2007 Toro
EIROA Prensado (Short Robusto)
Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 2 (2013) by Altadis USA
L’Atelier Extension de la Racine ER13
L’Atelier LAT46 Selecion Speciale
La Flor Dominicana Colorado Oscuro No. 5 2013
Leccia Tobacco White Robusto
Lou Rod by Lou Rodriguez Cigars
Ortega Serie D No.7 Natural
Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Fast Eddie 8-Ball
Quesada Oktoberfest Krone
Rocky Patel Royale (RP Royale) Toro
Room 101 Serie HN 305
Tatuaje Black Label Corona Gorda 2013 (Mark Jr)
Tatuaje Black Label Corona Gorda 2013 (Paul)