The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Feature of the Week: Arturo Fuente Announces Anejo 44 Ring Line Extension
For the first time in over 3 1/2 years, the Arturo Fuente Anejo line will be receiving a line extension. Today, Arturo Fuente Cigars has announced an eighth vitola in being released in their limited Anejo line. This new line extension introduces a figuardo that will be in the thinnest ring gauge to date – a 6 5/8 x 44 cigar.
Our 2014 IPCPR Trade Show coverage is now in wind down mode. We will still have some occasional product updates from announcements made at the trade show.
- Ashton Cigars: A new line extension is coming to the San Cristobal Revelation line – the San Cristobal Revelation Triumph.
- Asylum Cigars: We previewed Asylum’s latest release, the Insidious by Asylum. The company has also added a Asylum Adds 6 x 66 to the Asylum Premium Line.
- Bloodline Cigars: The company will introduce a new maduro, the Bloodline O.P.A. Maduro
- Hammer + Sickle: The company is planning on a new limited edition, the Hammer + Sickle LE14
- Jordan Alexander III Cigars: The company announced a rebranding a new cigar called the Jordan Alexander III Corojo.
- Kings Cigars: We took a closer look at the company’s planned 2015 release, the Kings by Kings Cigars.
- MLB Cigar Ventures: Mike Bellody’s company provided an updated on the company’s soon to be released debut, Imperia
- Oscar Valladares Tobacco & Co: We took a look at the company’s new incarnation of “Island Jim”.
- RoMa Craft Tobac: The Intemperance BA XXI Revenge, the eighth frontmark in the blend will be heading to Outland Cigars in Charlotte, NC as a shop exclusive.
- Valentia Cigars: The company is releasing its first maduro, San Andres by Valentia.
- FDA: No new co-sponsors were added to HR792. The total remains at 161 co-sponsors (162 total sponsors)
- Illinois: Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel was urged by anti-tobacco factions to ban smoking in Chicago parks and public housing and put the cigarette tax (the nation’s highest) on “other tobacco products”.
- Dante Vita Nova
- EIROA CBT Maduro by CLE Cigars
- Epicurean Gonzo Santeria Chicken Bones (Pre-Release)
- Tatuaje Jason (Part of the Pudgy Monsters Series)
- Viaje Cache Five Fifty-Two Box-Press
Stogie Geeks Episode 106
Our smokes of the week included:
Debonaire Maduro Sagita
J. Grotto Silk Lancero
Asylum 13 Ogre 550
Camacho Liberty 2014
Casa Fuente Corona Gorda
Crowned Heads – The Angel’s Anvil TAA 2014
Diamond Crown Black Diamond
Edgar Hoill EH Cultura
EIROA CBT Maduro by CLE Cigars
La Palina Mr. Sam (2014)
Oceano by La Sirena – Indian
- August 23rd 2010: We took a look at the Quesada booth at the 2010 IPCPR Trade Show.
- August 23rd 2010: We assessed the Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary.
- August 23rd 2012: We had a cigar conversation with Ernesto Perez-Carrillo of E.P. Carrillo.
- August 23rd 2012: We did an Assessment Update on the Emilio AF Suave.
- August 23rd 2013: We previewed what were some upcoming projects for Crowned Heads that were planned for 2014.
- August 23rd 2013: We previewed the Nestor Miranda Special Selection Exclusivo Regional – a midwest regional exclusive.
- August 23rd 2013: We did a pre-release review of the Affinity by Sindicato Cigar Group
- August 23rd 2013: We reported on Fabricas Unidas’ (CLE Cigar Company) Cigar Box Recycling Program