For the sixth consecutive year, La Flor Dominicana will be a part of the Tobacconist Association of America (TAA) Exclusive Series. 2017’s installment, the La Flor Dominicana TAA 49 has arrived at retailers.
The TAA 49 is based off a special event only that was offered up to TAA retailers known as the La Flor Dominicana TAA 48 Celebration. Like the TAA 48 Celebration, the TAA 49 features a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper, a Cameroon binder, and Dominican fillers. The TAA 49 is also in the same 6 x 54 box-press as the TAA 48 Celebration.
There are two noticeable differences. The TAA 49 is available in 25 count boxes as opposed to the ten count boxes for the TAA 48 Celebration. The other difference is the TAA 49 features red colored banding, but does not reference the name “49”.
As mentioned, La Flor Dominicana has a six year history in the TAA Exclusive Series. These releases include the following:
- 2012 La Flor Dominicana TAA 2012 Air Bender Maduro Torpedo
- 2013 La Flor Dominicana Double Press Maduro (TAA Edition)
- 2014 La Flor Dominicana 2014 TAA Exclusive – The 707
- 2015 La Flor Dominicana TAA 47
- 2016 La Flor Dominicana TAA 48 and La Flor Dominicana TAA 48 Celebration Limited Edition Maduro (Event Only)
- 2017 La Flor Dominicana TAA 49
At a glance, here is a look at the La Flor Dominicana TAA 49:
As we mentioned, the TAA 48 Celebration Limited Edition Maduro uses a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper as opposed to the “natural” San Andres wrapper.
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Country of Origin: Dominican Republic (Tabacalera La Flor S.A.)
The La Flor Dominicana TAA 49 is available in one size – a 6 x 54 box-press Toro.
Photo Credit: Cigar Coop