Earlier today, Tatuaje Cigars owner Pete Johnson announced on social media the list of the thirteen “Unlucky Retailers” who were chosen to receive custom dress boxes of the eleventh installment of his annual Monsters Series – The Bride. This is a cigar that pays homage to monster character The Bride of Frankenstein.
The Unlucky 13 will have the opportunity to carry this cigar in special limited edition “dress boxes”. While the dress boxes will be made available to the Unlucky 13, other authorized Tatuaje retailers will get the opportunity to carry the cigar in plain cedar boxes.
While it’s the thirteenth monsters blend overall, it is actually the eleventh blend released in the annual full-sized series. That is because two blends, Chuck and Tiff, were not released in the full size.
Over the past few years, this has typically become one of the most anticipated cigar releases of the year by many cigar enthusiasts. The name Unlucky 13 comes from the fact that the retailers selected to carry the dress boxes often have to deal with a frenzy of consumers trying to acquire a box.
This year’s edition is a 7 1/8 x 48 Churchill vitola consisting of a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper over Nicaraguan binder and filler. This is the third Monster installment to use a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper, joining The Frank and JV13.
The Unlucky 13 for 2018 are:
- Tobacco Haven (Brookline, NH)
- Ambassador Cigars & Spirits (Troy, MI)
- Big Sticks Fine Cigars (Mesa, AZ)
- Boiling Springs Wine & Cigar (Boiling Springs, SC)
- Burn Premium Cigar Specialists (Burnsville, MN)
- Cigar Warehouse (Sherman Oaks, CA)
- Harry’s Smoke Shop (Philadelphia, PA)
- Heritage Premium Cigars (Martin, NJ)
- Industrial Cigar Company (Frisco, TX)
- Smoky’s Tobacco Cigars & Gifts (Knoxville, TN )
- TisMart Cigar Shop & Lounge (Brewerton, NY
- Tobacco Locker Cigar Bar (Port Charlotte, FL)
- The Vault (Meridian, ID)
Photo Credit: Cigar Coop