Next month marks the 35th anniversary of the Live Aid concert and the 15th anniversary of the Live 8 concert. On Episode 11 of Prime Time Jukebox, we pay homage to these iconic concerts.
Dave and Coop will look back at the origins of these concerts, who played there, where they were played, look at some of the highs and lows of these concerts, and pick some of our favorite tracks.
The timing of this show is somewhat fitting with all of the protests going on in the U.S. Dave and I will discuss these protests. Dave will provide a unique view of the protests that are also going on in Australia. Music plays an important part of these activities and we will discuss that as well.
Dave and Coop also light up two cigars from Aganorsa Leaf to smoke during the show.
Finally, we will have an update on our 2020 Battle of the Bands.
As always you can follow along with our Spotify Playlists. We have several for this episode:
- Episode 11 Live Aid/Live 8 Favorites
- Dave’s Civil Rights Music Playlist
- Live Aid (CD) Playlist
- Live 8 (CD) Playlist
- The Bail Project
- Black Lives Matter
- Current Results of the Battle of the Bands (at time this show premieres)
- Live Aid YouTube Channel
- Live 8 YouTube Channel
- Pink Floyd at Live 8 (Unofficial)
- Pet Shop Boys West End Girls at Live 8 (Unofficial)
- Paul McCartney Hey Jude in Red Square (Unofficial)
- Antarctica Band at Live Earth: Nunatak