The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 386 (6/20/20)
Ten Years of Cigar Coop
On August 15, 2020, Cigar Coop will mark its ten year anniversary. In the next ten weeks leading up to event, we will publish a ten-part series looking back at the history of Cigar Coop. This week we published the second installment.
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 1 – Beginnings: The 2010 IPCPR Trade Show
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 2 – Start Me Up: 2010 through 2012
Summer of ’20 Coverage
We will be replacing our normal IPCPR/PCA Pre-Game Coverage with “Summer of ’20 Coverage.” This will focus on the releases many cigar companies plan to release this summer.
This Week’s Coverage
- Aganorsa Leaf: The company unveiled a virtual trade show of is products
- Altadis USA: The company announced the Romeo by Romeo y Julieta Magnum
- Alec Bradley/Crowned Heads/Rocky Patel Premium Cigars/Oliva: The four companies are teaming up for a “Traveling Road Show”
- Drew Estate/Joya de Nicaragua: We posted the two companies’ Freestyle Live Program that unveiled each company’s 2020 product lineup.
- Perdomo: The company is launching the Perdomo Firecracker this weekend
- Crowned Heads: The company announced the Four Kicks No. 7 Casa de Montecristo Exclusive Announced
- E.P. Carrillo: The company announced the E.P. Carrillo Pledge
- RoMa Craft Tobac: The company announced a series of virtual events to interact with its retailers.
- Southern Draw: The company announced it is cancelling its in-person events for the remainder of 2020 and will focus on virtual events.
- Viaje The Original Viaje Skull & Bones Daisy Cutter is returning along with the Viaje WMD and the Viaje Summerfest.
- Fratello Cigars: The company has expanded distribution into Spain.
- Rocky Mountain Cigar Festival: Organizers have cancelled the 2020 event.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
- Davidoff Exclusive Macau (2018 Vault Release)
- Gran Habano Corojo No. 5 Gran Reserva 2012 Gran Robusto
- Quorum Maduro Toro by J.C. Newman Cigar Company
- VegaFina Fortaleza 2 Andullo
- Tatuaje Anarchy Kaos
Features and Blog
- The Blog: Casa Cuevas Cigars Now Represented in Texas
- The Blog: Summer of ’20 “The Big Board” (6/18/20)
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
- No Show This Week
6/22: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 12: The Battle of the Bands Championship Pre-Game Show
6/23 Prime Time Special Edition 78: David Garofalo
6/25: Prime Time Episode 144: Ernesto Perez-Carrillo Jr., E.P. Carrillo
On This Date…
On this date June 20
- Jun 20, 2011: We did a feature story on Jack McKeon.
- Jun 20, 2011: We assessed the Avo Lounge cigar.
- Jun 20, 2012: We previewed what were plans for the Emilio Carpe Noctem and Emilio AF3
- Jun 20, 2013: We previewed the East India Trading Company Prize Fighter
- Jun 20, 2012: We took a look at the re-launch of the Ortega Cubao.
- Jun 20, 2013: We reposted a press release on the new Cuban corona shape for Nat Cicco Rejects and the repackaged Jamaican Rounds Premium Cigar.
- Jun 20, 2013: We previewed the S.T.K. Miami Barracuda Maduro by Gran Habano
- Jun 20, 2014: We reported that the Small Business Administration said that the economic impact to the proposed FDA Regulations is underestimated.
- Jun 20, 2014: We reported on the release of the Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters.
- Jun 20, 2014: We reported that Mark Pursell was named new CEO of IPCPR.
- Jun 20, 2014: We reported on “The Glynn Loope Project” cigar.
- Jun 20, 2014: We reported on the return of the Regius Cigars Seleccion Orchant for 2014.
- Jun 20, 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Tatuaje Baby Face (Part of the Little Monsters Series)
- Jun 20, 2015: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 30 (6/20/15)
- Jun 20, 2016: We reported on the Bombay Tobak Gaaja
- Jun 20, 2016: We reported on the Casa Magna Jalapa Claro
- Jun 20, 2016: We assessed the Rocky Patel Gary Sheffield 500 Home Runs (HR500)
- Jun 20, 2017: We reported on FDA Commissioner Gottlieb addressing the topic of premium cigars at Senate Appropriations Hearing
- Jun 20, 2017: We assessed the Umbagog Corona Gorda by Dunbarton Tobacco and Trust
- Jun 20, 2017: We reported on Cigar Dojo and Camacho teaming up for the Imperial Stout Barrel-Aged
- Jun 20, 2017 We reported on the Fratello Navetta
- Jun 20, 2018: We assessed the Macanudo Inspirado Black Robusto
- Jun 20, 2018: We reported on the introduction of San Pedro de Macorís by Royal Agio Cigars
- Jun 20, 2018: We reported on Oettinger Davidoff’s earnings.
- Jun 20, 2018: We assessed the violence in Nicaragua escalating.
- Jun 20, 2019: We reported on the impacts of the leaking of the IPCPR rebranding and CigarCon.
- Jun 20, 2019: We reported on the relaunch of the Dissident Bloc
- Jun 20, 2019: We reported on the relaunch of the Dissident Soapbox
- Jun 20, 2019: We reported on the Drew Estate Deadwood Tobacco Fat Bottom Betty Toro and Sweet Jane Dia de los Muertos line extensions