The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 404 (10/24/20)
TMG Announces Alignment with CAA
This week TMG announced it is aligning with the Cigar Association of America (CAA) in regards to the TPE 21 trade show. We’ve got the details here.
Battle of the Bands Post Game Ultimate Giveaway
Thank you to everyone who bought and/or promoted the Cigar Coop Battle of the Bands Sampler pack for Smoke Inn. We didn’t expect to win, and didn’t win. At the same time, this was a contest that was a lot of fun. This author learned a lot, and there was some great competition. I was particularly moved every time someone commented that they took the time to buy and enjoy the sampler pack assembled.
That being said, it’s time to give back. I’ve decided to assemble a great sampler pack. It’s open to all. In other words, NO PURCHASE REQUIRED AND EVERYBODY GETS A FAIR SHOT. The giveaway consists of five things and is valued at over $200.00! We’ve got the details here. CONTEST CLOSES 10/24!
- HVC Cigars: Announced the HVC Black Friday 2020 Limited Edition
- Southern Draw: Announced two new line extensions to Jacobs Ladder Brimstone.
- Viaje: The company shipped the Viaje Exclusivo Leaded Maduro and Viaje Skull & Bones M?stery 2020.
- Vintage Rock-A-Feller Cigar Group: Announced the Art of Magic release.
- Casa de Montecristo: The Miami Brickell store has rebranded as the Empire Social Lounge
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
- Aladino Cameroon Robusto by JRE Tobacco Co.
- Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Nicaragua Toro
- Sobremesa Brûlée Gordo by Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust
- Tatuaje MBS FK
Features and Blog
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
10/26: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 21: Album Archaeology #4 – Aretha Franklin: Lady Soul
10/27: Prime Time Special Edition 86: Tony Bellatto
10/29: Prime Time Episode 162: Jean-Michel Louis, De Los Reyes Cigars
On This Date…
On this date Oct 24…
- Oct 24, 2010: We recapped an event with Don Pepin Garcia.
- Oct 24, 2011: We assessed the Camacho Liberty 2011.
- Oct 24, 2012: We did an a pre-release assessment of the Fernando Leon Family Reserve by La Aurora
- Oct 24, 2013: We assessed the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Gearhead Gary Crankshaft
- Oct 24, 2013: We previewed the Viaje to Release Skull and Bones M?stery 2013 Edition.
- Oct 24, 2014: We published a Feature Story on “Feature Story: How Limited is that Limited Edition Cigar?“
- Oct 24, 2014: We reported on Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro Mr. Orange Heading for Westside Humidor.
- Oct 24, 2014: We reported on the Reinado Grand Empire Reserve Ecuador Edition “Mr. Blue” for Westside Humidor’s 5 year anniversary.
- Oct 24, 2015: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 48 (10/24/15)
- Oct 24, 2016: We reported on two members of Congress raising concerns over recent trade easements with Cuba
- Oct 24, 2016: We asssesed the Black Works Studio Killer Bee Green Hornet Robusto
- Oct 24, 2017: We reported on the Muestra de Saka Nacatamale
- Oct 24, 2017: We reported on the Davidoff Year of the Dog
- Oct 24, 2017: We assessed the Saga Short Tales Tomo IV – L.O.V. (Labor Omnia Vincit) by De Los Reyes Cigars
- Oct 24, 2017: We reported on the Colibri Quantum
- Oct 24, 2018: We reported on the Viaje Skull and Bones M?stery 2018
- Oct 24, 2018: We reported on the Gran Habano Blue in Green heading to Retailers
- Oct 24, 2018: We reported on the Viaje Friends and Family Bel Air returning
- Oct 24, 2019: We reported on theFDA’s plans to appeal the Maryland Court Ruling on the Substantial Equivalence Date
- Oct 24, 2019: We reported on the Fratello DMV 2019 Series
- Oct 24, 2019: We published Prime Time Episode 114: Casey Haugen, Crux Cigars
- Oct 24, 2019: We reported on the Black Label Trading Company Santa Muerte 2019