This year the Battle of the Bands Competition has turned into 90’s Madness!
While last year we selected artists, this year we have decided to focus on albums – specifically from the decade of the 1990s. To add to the fun, Hector Alfonso of Espinosa Cigars and John McTavish of Developing Palates are participating.
The concept works as follows: Dave, Coop, Hector, and John will each pick 8 albums. The selections will occur via a “Draft”. Once the albums are selected, each participant will seed them, place them into brackets and you decide who should move on. We will go through each round on Twitter, until there is a winner from each of the four brackets. From that point, the four bracket winners will square off in a final four.
The tournament commences March 15th with two matchups a day to vote on. Each vote will be eligible to compete to win one of three special prizes.
We also pay homage to the late Mark Lanegan. We recap Black History Month, preview Women’s History month, discuss Coop’s New Oldies #1 selection, and look forward to Record Store Day on April 23rd.
Note: Due to age restrictions, you may need to click on “Watch on YouTube” below:
As always you can follow along with our Spotify Playlists:
- 90s Madness Draft Results and Seedings (Spoiler)
- Dedication Show Info
- Records to Listen to on International Women’s Day
- Black History Month: Records I Love
- Black History Month: Modern Records That are Required Listening
- Black History Month: Records that Changed Music History
- Black History Month: Foundational Women Artists
- Orville Peck’s Daytona Sand: Beautiful Western Glam
- New Oldies List
- Tears For Fears’ No Small Thing: Wisdom and Whimsy from a Future Top 5 Track of 2022
- Digable Planets: Reachin’ (A New Refutation of Time and Space)