The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
News and Previews
- Foundry Tobacco Company: We previewed the internet / catalog offers from Compounds, Elements and Musings. This is a line that was launched at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Ortega Premium Cigars: The eighth release of the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 series has begun to arrive at retailers. We previewed this release – the Fast Eddie Eight-Ball.
- S.A.G. Imports: The details of the Quesada Oktoberfest Dunkel have officially been announced. This will be the seventh installment of Smoke Inn’s MicroBlend Series.
- Sindicato Cigar Group: CEO Jim Colucci told Tobacconist Magazine a fifth blend is in the works that will be the company’s first maduro. It will use a San Andres wrapper from the Turrent family. The release is targeted for IPCPR 2014. This joins the recently launched Affinity, Hex and Casa Bella. The company is also releasing a fourth self-titled blend called Sindicato later this year. Casa Bella has also begun to arrive at retail stores.
- Tesa Cigars: Riverside Cigars will carry this cigar line that was sold at the lounge in Chicago with the same name.
- Viaje: Andre Farkas announced a 2013 batch of 50/50 Red and 50/50 Black will be shipping next month.
- FDA: Congress is in recess. HR 792 –remains at a total 116 co-sponsors (117 total sponsors). The FDA is also looking at regulating the sales of electronic cigarettes including a ban on online sales.
- Sosa Cigars in Downtown Disney: Disney has informed Sosa Cigars that their lead will not be renewed. Sosa is one of the great American smoke shops in the country. There is a petition floating around to sign.
- Aging Room Maduro
- Don Pepin Garcia – 10th Anniversary 2013 Limited Edition
- Fratello by Fratello Cigars
- Gold Strike by Royal Gold Cigars
In episode 64, we had K.C. Johnson of L’Atelier Imports as our special guest. During the program, Johnson took us through the L’Atelier brand and the cigars they offer in their portfolio. He provides some insights into the soon to be shipped L’Atelier Extension de la Racine ER13.
We asked Johnson if he has plans for a lancero. He replied, “We’ve been talking about a lancero, but we don’t know where we are going to put it placement wise in the line…It’s in the works, we’re just trying to find the right way“.
Our second half of the episode focused on our smokes of the week – and some good side discussions as well. We discussed the following cigars:
262 Revere Lonsdale
Aging Room Maduro Mezzo
E-Stunner by E.P. Carrillo – Brahman
EP Carrillo Core Line Robusto (Redux)
La Flor Dominicana Chapter One
La Garita Falto Delirio
La Gloria Cubana Serie R Robusto
La Riqueza Cabinet Petite Robusto
My Uzi Weighs a Ton Bait Fish
Nomad Fugitive II
Padron 1926 80th Anniversary Torpedo (Maduro)
Padron 1926 Natural
Paul Garmarian Symphony 20 2013 Edition Corona Extra
Paul Gamirian Symphony 20 Salomones
Viaje Platino Reserva VPR DT (Double Torpedo)
On this date September 7th…
- September 7th 2010: We published a short little article helping you to look up your Candidate’s Issues. This is helpful for cigar enthusiasts looking for their candidate’s position in regards to tobacco.
- September 7th 2012 : We assessed the Cigar Review: Oliva Serie V Melanio. This cigar finished as our #24 Cigar for 2012.