The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 51 (Edition 148 11/14/15)
Feature of the Week: 262 Suit & Tie Announced
There will be a new limited edition cigar commemorating 262 Cigars’ Fifth Anniversary. The cigar is called “Suit & Tie” and we were proud to bring you the first details of this release this year.
News and Previews
- CAO: The brand quietly rolled Wicked Winter and Stingy Scrooge as its 2015 Christmas / Winter seasonal releases.
- Padron: The company has made an exclusive version of the 1926 Serie for Famous Smoke Shop to celebrate the retailer’s 75 anniversary called Famous 75th Anniversary Cigar by Padron.
- Sindicato: We previewed the new Sindicato Maduro Corona Gorda
- Viaje: The 2015 editions of the Stuffed Turkey (White and Dark Meat) and Farmer Bill Hatchet were announced.
- Senate Bill S. 441: S. 441 is the Senate Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This past week no new co-sponsors were added. The total sponsor count remains at 19.
- House Bill HR 662: H.R. 662 is House Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, there were no new co-sponsors. The total number of sponsors remains 149.
- House Bill 2058: H.R. 2058 is the House Bill to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect. This week, no new co-sponsors have signed on. The total number of sponsors remains 30.
- HUD: The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development is seeeking to ban smoking in public housing.
- Davidoff Year of the Monkey Limited Edition 2016
- Futuro Seleccion 109
- Regius Limited Edition Corona Gorda Cuban Box Press
- Vivalo Serie Exclusivo Robusto Grande
Agile Cigar Reviews
On Episode 164, we welcome Jorge Armenteros of Tobacconist University and had our Debonaire Ideal and Stogies of the Week segment. Video will be published next week.
We published our video from Episode 163 featuring “Master Sensei” from Cigar Dojo, our Debonaire Ideal Segment featuring the Corojo Trivia Quiz, and our Stogies of the Week.
We continued publishing our replays of our Four Year Anniversary Show content. This week we published the following segments. More to come next week.
Four Year Anniversary Podcast – The Intro
Dave Burck, Cigar Jukebox
Glynn Loope, Executive Director, Cigar Rights of America
Jonathan Carney of La Flor Dominicana Cigars
Victor Vitale, Legacy Brands
Phil Zanghi, Debonaire Cigars and Jean-Michel Louis, Saga Cigars
Todd LaSocla, Havana Cigar Club
Hector Alfonso, Espinosa Cigars
Dave Garofalo, The Cigar Authority / Two Guys Smoke Shop
On this date November 14th…
- November 14th 2010: We assessed the La Gloria Cubana Serie N
- November 14th 2010: We reported on Tim Ozgener’s Departure from CAO Cigars Clarified
- November 14th 2012: We did an Assessment Update on the E.P. Carrillo Inch Maduro
- November 14th 2013: We reported on the Ditka 99 release.
- November 14th 2013: We assessed the Viaje Full Moon 2013
- November 14th 2014: We did a Feature Story recapping the Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters series.
- November 14th 2014: We broadcasted our 8 Hour Stogie Geeks 3 Year Anniversary show.
- 11/14 Be sure to catch our sponsors at Cigar Aficionado’s Big Smoke in Las Vegas, Nevada!