At the 2018 IPCPR Trade Show, AJ Fernandez is teaming up with Altadis again to produce another Montecristo with the launch of the Montecristo Nicaragua.
Montecristo Nicaragua is described as a project conceived by Fernandez along with Altadis’s Director of Product Capability Rafael Nodal. The cigar is produced at Fernandez’s factory in Estelí, Nicaragua. It consists of 100% Nicaraguan tobaccos available in four sizes (Robusto, Toro, No. 2, Churchill) presented in 20-count boxes.
The cigar itself is positioned as a medium to full offering.
This is the seventh project Fernandez has partnered with Altadis and its parent company Tabacalera USA. It is also the third Montecristo Fernandez has produced.
- Montecristo Crafted by AJ Fernandez Toro (sold through Santa Clara Cigars)
- Romeo y Julieta Crafted by AJ Fernandez (sold through Santa Clara Cigars)
- Gispert Intenso
- H. Upmann by AJ Fernandez
- Monte by Montecristo AJ Fernandez
- Romeo San Andrés by Romeo y Julieta
- Montecristo Nicaragua.
This is also the sixth Montecristo branded cigar to be produced in Nicaragua.
- Espada by Montecristo (Plasencia SA)
- Espada by Montecristo Estoque (Plasencia SA)
- Montecristo Crafted by AJ Fernandez(Tabacalera Fernandez)
- Monte by Montecristo AJ Fernandez (Tabacalera Fernandez)
- Montecristo Epic Craft Cured (Plasencia SA)
- Montecristo Nicaragua (Tabacalera Fernandez)
At a glance, here is a look at the Montecristo Nicaragua:
Country of Origin: Nicaragua (Tabacalera Fernandez)
Robusto: 5 x 54 (SRP $11.75)
Toro: 6 x 54 (SRP $12.25)
No 2: 6 1/8 x 52 (SRP $12.70)
Churchill: 7.x 56 (SRP $13.70)