The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 397 (9/5/20)
Report: Michael Giannini Out at Ventura Cigar Company
Multiple Sources are reporting that Michael Giannini, General Manager of Ventura Company is no longer with the company. We’ve got the details here.
Cigar Coop Battle of the Bands Sampler Pack
We are participating in a competition sponsored by Smoke Inn with other media brands to see who can build the best sampler pack. You can find out the details here and how to get the samplers.
Summer of ’20 Coverage
We will be replacing our normal IPCPR/PCA Pre-Game Coverage with “Summer of ’20 Coverage.” This will focus on the products many cigar companies plan to release this summer.
Summer of ’20 Spotlights
This Week’s Coverage
- Aging Room Cigars: In November, the company will release the Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua Impromptu line extension.
- Crowned Heads: The company is releasing the Wabash Cannonball as a Casa de Montecristo Nashville Exclusive.
- HVC/United Cigars: HVC will be doing the HVC Black Friday Firecracker as a release that will distributed by United Cigars.
- Protocol Cigars: Announced details about the Protocol Cyber Crimes Unit.
- Bugatti Group: A burglary has occurred at the company’s headquarters.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
Features and Blog
- The Blog: Small vs. Large Ring Gauge Cigars by Nick Perdomo
- The Blog: Summer of ’20 “The Big Board” (9/3/20) – 3 Weeks of Summer to Go
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
9/7: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 18: Soundtracks & Scores
9/8: Prime Time Special Edition 83: Nick Perdomo, Perdomo Cigars
9/10: Prime Episode 155: Juan Cancel & Kevin Keithan, Protocol Cigars
On This Date…
On this date Sept 5.
- Sept 5, 2010: We did an IPCPR 2010 article called A Man in Action: A Visit to the Perdomo Cigar Lounge.
- Sept 5, 2011: We assessed a pre-release of the E.P. Carrillo Edicion Limitada 2011 – Dark Rituals.
- Sept 5, 2012: We assessed the Davidoff White Edition 2012
- Sept 5, 2013: We assessed the Aging Room Maduro
- Sept 5, 2014: Boutique Blends discussed the Aging Room M356ii and Other Plans
- Sept 5, 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Cigar Federation – The Collective.
- Sept 5, 2015: We published the Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 41 (9/05/15)
- Sept 5, 2015: We reported on ACME Cigar Company plans to launch its first limitada
- Sept 5, 2016: We reported on the Casa Fernandez Master Mason
- Sept 5, 2016: We reported on the La Galera Maduro
- Sept 5, 2016: We reported on General Cigar releasing Macanudo Vintage Cigars
- Sept 5, 2016: We published the feature story “Debonaire House Showcases Portfolio and New Debonaire Cornus at 2016 IPCPR Trade Show“
- Sept 5, 2017: We published the feature story “Spotlight on Gurkha Cigars at the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show“
- Sept 5, 2018: We published an Agile Cigar Review on the Villiger La Flor de Ynclan Lancero Especial
- Sept 5, 2018: We published the feature story “Spotlight on Gurkha Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR“
- Sept 5, 2018: We reported on Fratello Cigars announcing Norwegian distribution
- Sept 5, 2019: We published the Agile Cigar Review on the Villiger La Vencedora Churchill