The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 475 (3/5/22)
Tony Bellatto Launches Bellatto Premium Cigars
Tony Bellatto, co-founder of La Barba Cigars, has announced Bellatto Premium Cigars, a new and original brand separate from his previous ventures into the market. We’ve got the details here.
- Crowned Heads: The Crowned Heads The Lost Angel 2022 TAA Exclusive was announced
- E.P. Carrillo: The company is shipping the E.P. Carrillo Short Run Retro 2022
- Gurkha Cigars: The company is revamping the packaging of the Gurkha Royal Challenge.
- Jake Wyatt Cigar Company: The company is shipping the Lithium Lancero.
- Maya Selva Cigars: Announced the edition of the Cumpay Lancero.
- Sindicato Cigars: The company is shipping the Sindicato Artista.
- None this Week
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 59.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
Agile Cigar Reviews
- Crux Bull & Bear Double Corona
- Fratello Arlequín Prensado Robusto
- Sensei’s Sensational Sarsaparilla Belicoso (2021)
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- None this week
- None this week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- None This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
- None This Week
3/7: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 66: 90s Madness Draft Show
3/8: Prime Time Special Edition 117: The Great Smoke 2022 Recap & Aging Experiment #4
3/10: Prime Time Episode 222: Tony Bellatto
On This Date…
On this date March 5th…
- Mar 5, 2011: We assessed the Elogio LSV.
- Mar 5, 2012: We assessed the My Father Atlantic Cigar Company 15th Anniversary
- Mar 5, 2013: We published a press release on the CAO-Kid Rock Cruise.
- Mar 5, 2013: We assessed the Lou Rodriguez MF
- Mar 5, 2014: We reported on G.A.R. Deli Custom Blends being distributed by Cigar.Com
- Mar 5, 2014: We assessed the Debonaire Toro
- Mar 5, 2015: We reported on the E.P. Carrillo Short Run 2015
- Mar 5, 2015: We reported on the Rodrigo LMC Aniversario Shop Exclusive for La Marca Cigars
- Mar 5, 2015: We reported on the Quesada Selección España Beli-Lance and Fabulosos
- Mar 5, 2015: We reported on the Romeo by Romeo y Julieta Aging Room Small Batch F25
- Mar 5, 2015: We reported on the Casa Magna Colorado Gran Unico
- Mar 5, 2016: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 15 (3/5/16)
- Mar 5, 2017: We assessed the Jas Sum Kral Crna Nok Toro
- Mar 5, 2018: We reported on the E.P. Carrillo Perez-Carrillo Encore
- Mar 5, 2018: We reported Cornelius & Anthony and Espinosa Cigars announcing a Smoking Shed Promo for Almost Havana in Hurricane, WV
- Mar 5, 2018: We published the feature story XX Festival Del Habano Post Game Report
- Mar 5, 2019: We assessed the Viaje Craft Series Bales on Bales
- Mar 5, 2019: We reported on the 1502 XO Robusto Gordo
- Mar 5, 2020: We assessed the Tatuaje TAA 51th
- Mar 5, 2020: We reported on the Partagás 175 Aniversario Humidor
- Mar 5, 2021: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Nestor Miranda Collection Corojo Robusto
- Mar 5, 2021: We reported on the Micallef Migdalia SE
- Mar 5, 2021: We published the blog entry Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 2: East Tennessee