The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
This month we announced some important changes as a result of our partnership with Stogie Geeks.
After a slower week last week, activity has picked up around the cigar industry.
- Ashton Cigars: The San Cristobal Revelation has shipped to retailers.
- Drew Estate: As we reported on Stogie Geeks Episode 68, Herrera Esteli has more projects in store. There will be a one and done limited edition lancero coming out. He also confirmed the Maduro box-press release is still on track.
- House of Emilio: Announced First Two Master Retailer Participants
- Kuuts: A limited production News: Special Edition Lancero is coming to the Miro line for the U.S. market.
- La Aurora Cigars: The company announced its “National 107 Day” promotion.
- Ortega Premium Cigars: Has begun to ship the ninth installment of the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Gearhead Gary Crankshaft – we previewed it here.
- Lou Rodriguez Cigars: We had two exclusive stories. First we had the story behind the new small batch La Mano Negra. Second we learned the Lou Rod Snub Nose would make its debut a the Lite Up Charlotte Cigar Festival in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- My Father Cigars: The company is releasing the retail exclusive Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial (Connecticut Shade) 10/50 to Up Down Cigar.
- Rodrigo Cigars: Announced a Tasting Panel Program for Factory Fresh Cigars
- Tatuaje: The Unlucky 13 retailers to receive dress boxes of the Tatuaje Monster No. 6 have been revealed. The company is also releasing the retail exclusive Tatuaje Fausto 10/50 to Up Down Cigar
- Arkansas: The 50 cent tax cap has gone into effect.
- FDA: There was one additional co-sponsor added to HR 792 this week. The count remains at a total of 124 co-sponsors (125 total sponsors).
- Sosa Cigars in Downtown Disney: Disney has informed Sosa Cigars that their lead will not be renewed. Sosa is one of the great American smoke shops in the country. There is a petition floating around to sign.
- Casa Fernandez Aniversario Series Boheme No. 35 (Pre-Release Review)
- Don Pepin Garcia Original Invictos (Blue Label)
- Juan Lopez (2013) by Altadis USA
- Reinado Grand Empire Reserve Toro
This week Jose Blanco was our special guest for Episode 68. If you have seen interviews / conversations before, you know how entertaining and informative Jose canbe. There is no let-down here as this is truly an outstanding interview. Even if you have seen Jose before, you won’t want to miss this particular segment.
Then we went through our smokes of the week. We had a pretty big list, but we talked about a lot of good smokes. Here is the list of the smokes and their associated mini-reviews:
A. Flores Gran Reserva Half Corona
A. Flores Gran Reserva Robusto
Alec Bradley Fine and Rare HJ10-i Second Issue (Alec Bradley Fine and Rare 2013)
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Robusto 2013
Brun Del Re Gold Perfecto
Casa Fernandez Miami Reserva Maduro Corona Extra
Don Pepin Garcia Original Invictos (Don Pepin Garcia Blue)
East India Trading Company Red Witch
Guillermo Leon Signature W. Curtis Draper 126th Aniversario Lancero
Herrera Esteli Short Corona (Fresh Rolled)
Herrera Esteli Short Corona
Illusione MK Ultra
JD Howard Reserve Robusto
Lou Rodriguez Edicion Reserva Lancero
Oliva Serie V Torpedo
Opus X Magnum O
Punch Bareknuckle Belicoso
Quesada Oktoberfest Krone
Reinado Grand Empire Reserve Toro
Tatuaje Avion 13 FF
Tatuaje 10th Anniversary Havana Cazadores
Tatuaje La Verite 2009 Redux
Viaje Satori 2013 Karma
- October 5th 2010: We noted an Op-Ed article by the Cincinnati Enquirer defending the Cincinnati Reds locker room cigar celebration.
- October 5th 2010: We assessed the Gurkha Ninja Knife
- October 5th 2012: We did a pre-release review of the Rocky Patel HR500 (Gary Sheffield 500 Homerun Club Cigar)
- October 5th 2012: We re-posted a press release on the Punch Tailgating Season Six Pack