At the 2016 IPCPR Trade Show, Gurkha Cigar Group will introduce its fifth installment in the Cellar Reserve line, the Gurkha Cellar Reserve 21 Year. The cigar will incorporate 21 Year old aged Dominican tobacco and also feature a Connecticut Shade wrapper – the first Connecticut Shade offering in the Cellar Reserve line.
The Cellar Reserve 21 Years will be offered in 3 sizes: Solara (5 x 58), Hedonism (6 x 58) and Kraken (6 x 60).
The Cellar Reserve line was launched in 2011. Each of the blends highlights aged filler tobaccos and showcases a different wrapper.
- Gurkha Cellar Reserve: Introduced in 2011. The cigar features a Criollo 98 wrapper and incorporated 15 year old filler tobacco.
- Gurkha Cellar Reserve Limitada: Introduced in 2013 and added a maduro offering into the line.. The Cellar Reserve Limitada uses a Brazilian Arapiraca wrapper over what was described as 15 year filler.
- Gurkha Cellar Reserve Edition Especial: Introduced in 2014– incorporating a Corojo wrappers over 18 year old Dominican tobaccos.
- Gurkha Cellar Reserve Platinum Edition: Introduced in 2015, this cigar is highlighted by an Ecuadorian Oscuro wrapper with 12 Year old Nicaraguan filler. This is a more value-priced offering in the Cellar Reserve line.
- Gurkha Cellar Reserve 21 Year: This year’s offering featuring a Connecticut Shade wrapper and 21 Year old Dominican tobaccos.
At a glance, here is a lot at the Gurkha Cellar Reserve 21 Year
Wrapper: Connecticut Shade
Country of Origin: Not Disclosed
Solara: 5 x 58
Hedonism: 6 x 58
Kraken: 6 x 60