This year marks ten years since Gurkha first unveiled its Cellar Reserve line. Come this year’s IPCPR Trade Show, the company will commemorate the milestone with the release of the Gurkha 15 Year Cellar Reserve.
The company has not released specifics on the blend other than it will be a special edition of the 15 Year Cellar Reserve. While the size has not been disclosed, the Gurkha has said the commemorative cigar will be packaged in a special 50 count humidor.
The Cellar Reserve line made its debut in 2007. In 2011, the first of a series of Cellar Reserve line releases aimed at brick and mortars and featuring vintage tobaccos was released. This was followed up by several other variations of the Cellar Reserve:
- 2007: Gurkha Cellar Reserve (Dominican wrapper)
- 2011: Gurkha Cellar Reserve (Criollo 1998 wrapper with 15 Year OldTobacco)
- 2013: Gurkha Cellar Reserve Limitada (Brazilian Arapiraca with 15 Year Old Tobacco)
- 2014: Gurkha Cellar Reserve Edicion Especial (Corojo with 18 Year Old Tobacco)
- 2015: Gurkha Cellar Reserve Platinum Edition (Ecuadorian Oscuro with 12 Year Old Tobacco)
- 2016: Gurkha Cellar Reserve 21 Year (Ecuadorian Connecticut with 21 Year Old Tobacco)
In a press releasing announcing the anniversary project, Gurkha CEO Kaizad Hansotia commented, “The Cellar Reserve was our very first brick and mortar exclusive cigar and it has had continued success and amazing ratings,This cigar speaks to the cigar lover and will be created to encompass everything that is loved of our signature cigar.”
Further details are expected as the time of the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show approaches.