The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
- Part 1 of our IPCPR 2013 Trade Show Preview: “The Five Boutiques to Watch”
- Our on-going IPCPR 2013 Digest is now in progress.
News and Previews
- Ashton Cigars: After almost a three year break, Ashton is releasing the fifth vitola in its ESG line – the Ashton ESG 24 Year Salute.
- Camacho Cigars: The brand under Oettinger Davidoff Group is undergoing a major change – including packaging and reblending of existing lines. We have in-depth coverage of this.
- Chattanooga Tweet Up: Issued a press release outlining their 2013 event.
- Crowned Heads: The company posted a photo on their Facebook page of a banded J.D. Howard Reserve and its associated packaging. The company plans on launching this cigar at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Guayacan Cigars: The company posted a photo of they are calling the Guayacan Maduro.
- Miami Cigar and Company: Announced a line extension to the La Sirena line called the La Sirena Dubloon. This cigar will be launched at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- My Father Cigars: Holt’s Cigar Company in Philadelphia will be offering seven exclusive vitolas to cigars made by the Garcia family in a sampler pack called Pepin Mania III. The cigars will consist of blends from My Father, Tatuaje, Ashton, and Holt’s House cigars. Each of the cigars will be a 6 1/2 x 48 Short Churchill. We reported a couple of weeks ago that one of the cigars would be a special rounded Short Churchill of the Flor de las Antillas – the cigar rounded cigar in that blend.
- Ortega Premium Cigars: An instagram photo has indicated the October release of the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 will be “Da Byrdman”.
- Rocky Patel Premium Cigars: Announced on CigarNews.com that they will be releasing six new blends at the 2013 IPCPR. They also will be releasing the Edge in a “A” vitola and the Unica Edicion will be returning.
- Room 101 Cigars: The brand is getting ready to launch the Room 101 HN (Honduras).
- FDA: Since last week’s report, an additional 4 co-sponsor have signed on to HR 792 – making for a total 92 co-sponsors (93 total sponsors).
- Oregon: The legislature has passed a bill that will make it illegal to smoke in a car with a person under the age of 18. The bill is now heading to Governor John Kitzhaber’s desk for signature.
- Pennsylvania: House Bill 1485 and Senate Bill 80 are being introduced by House Representative Marco Scavello and State Senator Stewart Greenleaf respectively. If passed, this would close all existing smoking exemptions in the State – including tobacco shops, private clubs, bars, restaurants, and even tobacco events.
On this date June 15th…
- June 15, 2012: We did a pre-release review of the Reinado Grand Empire Reserve
- June 15, 2012: We did an initial preview of the Perdomo 20th Anniversary line.