HVC Cigars has announced its 2023 Black Friday Limited Edition Cigar.
This year’s release is a 4 1/2 x 56 Petit Gordo Robusto featuring a San Andres wrapper from Ecuador over all Nicaraguan tobaccos. Company President and Founder Reinier Lorenzo says the blend went heavier on tobaccos from theJalapa region to create a unique blend with only visos and secos exclusively selected for the 2023 Black Friday. Production comes from HVC’s Fabrica de Tabacos HVC, SA in Esteli, Nicaragua.
A total of 600 50-count boxes have been produced. Pricing is set at $9.80 per cigar.
The Black Friday limited edition cigar is meant to coincide with the unofficial U.S. holiday Black Friday. Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is known as the biggest shopping day of the year. The HVC Black Friday 2022 is scheduled to ship in the late October/early November timeframe.
Since 2015, there have been ten installments of the HVC Black Friday Series. (There were two Black Friday releases in 2020.) Each year’s installment of the HVC Black Friday has been in a different size. There have been a variety of different wrapper and blend options.
- HVC Black Friday 2015: 6 1/2 x 48 (Nicaraguan Corojo ’99)
- HVC Black Friday 2016: 6 3/4 x 48 (Nicaraguan Corojo ’99)
- HVC Black Friday 2017: 4 x 48 (Nicaraguan Corojo ’99)
- HVC Black Friday 2018: 5 x 50 (San Andres)
- HVC Black Friday 2019: 4 1/2 x 52 (Habano Café)
- HVC Black Friday 2020: 5 5/8 x 46 (Habano Café)
- HVC Black Friday Firecracker 2020: 3 1/2 x 50 (Habano Café)
- HVC Black Friday 2021: 4 3/8 x 54 (Connecticut Broadleaf)
- HVC Black Friday 2022: 5 1/2 x50(Habano Café – Ecuador)
- HVC Black Friday 2023: 4 1/2 x 56 (San Andres)
Photo Credits: HVC Cigars