The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
Avo Uvezian, the man behind Avo Cigars was involved in a serious automobile accident. While it appears Avo will be fine, it also appears he will have a long recovery. Jeff Borysiewicz, President of Corona Cigar Company and someone who is close with Avo posted the following message on his Facebook account:
Our dear friend Avo got in a pretty bad car accident last night. With the grace of God, it looks like he will be OK. However, Avo’s recovery could take some time. I know it would mean a lot to him if we surprised him with a huge delivery of “Get well soon” cards and cheer him on his way to back to health. Please pass this info on and mail cards to Avo Uvezian, 7792 W Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, Fl 32819. We will hand deliver them to him every day until he makes a full recovery. Thank you everyone for help.
In addition email messages to Avo can be sent to email@example.com
This week have more recaps from the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show. Be sure to continue to follow our IPCPR 2013 Digest – which is still in progress. We also continue to cover additional cigar news.
Three Year Anniversary of Cigar Coop
Thank you very much to our readers for your support. August 15, 2010 marked this web-site’s third anniversary. Here is a look at our first post called Worth it for an Iced Coffee?
IPCPR News and Previews
- 1502: We previewed the new 1502 Black Gold Conquistador – the largest ring size of the company to date.
- Cusano: Line extensions are coming to the Cusano 18 blends via the Cusano Magnum Series
- Debonaire: We previewed two line extensions to the Debonaire line.
- E.P. Carrillo: We previewed a line extension to the E.P. New Wave Connecticut line – E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut (NWC) Selectos de Oro
- Illusione: We previewed the line extension to the Cruzado line – the Illusione Cruzado Marelas Supremas.
- La Aurora: We previewed the La Aurora Puro Vintage 2005. We also looked at the upcoming La Aurora Cameroon and Corojo 110th Anniversary Releases
- Senor Solomon: We covered the latest changes at Senor Solomon Cigars 2013 in a feature story.
- Smoking Jacket Cigars: We looked at Hendrik Kelner J’rs Smoking Jacket Cigars line
- Alec Bradley: Alec Bradley, Vice President of Sales George Sosa put on his Facebook page that the Raices Cubanas 1941, a cigar done in collaboration with the factory of the same name should arrive at retailers by October.
- Epicurean Cigars: Company president Steven Ysidron announced a new small batch, limited edition line called Gonzo Santeria.
- La Flor Dominicana: Announced the Chapter One should be now shipping.
- Nomad Cigar Company: We have additional information on the upcoming Nomad S-307.
- FDA: Congress is in recess. HR 792 –remains at a total 116 co-sponsors (117 total sponsors).
- Massachusetts: The town of Canton has raised the minimum age to buy tobacco to 21.
On this date August 17th…
- August 17th 2010: We recapped a visit to the Gurkha Cigar Booth at the 2010 IPCPR Trade Show
- August 17th 2010: We recapped a visit to the Oliva Cigar Booth at the 2010 IPCPR Trade Show
- August 17th 2012: We assessed the Tatuaje Cojonu 2012 Habano
- August 17th 2012: We assessed the La Duena by My Father Cigars
- August 17th 2012: We previewed the Davidoff White Edition 2012
- August 17th 2012: We previewed the Alec Bradley Connecticut
- August 17th 2012: We published a Cigar Conversation with Sean Williams of Primer Mundo Cigars that we recorded at the 2012 IPCPR Trade Show.