The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Today we are proud to bring you a 600th consecutive day of original content published on the Cigar Coop brand!
Feature of the Week: ProCigar 2014
This week, the annual ProCigar Festival took place. Two big pieces of news that came out of the show is that the Quesada Famlily showcased their upcoming Quesada 40th Anniversary cigar. This is a unique salomon produced in that it is rounded at the ends and box-pressed in the middle. It was also announced that grower and Tabacalera La Palma owner Jochi Blanco had joined ProCigar as a member.
News and Previews.
- Asylum Cigars: The Asylum 13 line is getting a limited production lancero called Asylum 13 99 Problems.
- Davidoff: The company has launched the “Short Pleasures” and “Inspirational Assortment” Sampler Packs.
- L’Atelier Imports: We previewed the new event only L’Atelier Selection Speciale Robusto.
- Nomad Cigar Company: The company issued a comment on their Facebook page, “2014. Event Only Stick. Finalized. That is all.”
- Quesada Cigars: The company showed off its upcoming Quesada 40th Anniversary cigar at the 2014 ProCigar Festival in the Dominican Republic
- RoMa Craft Tobac: In an interview with the Stogie Fresh podcast, RoMa Craft Tobac co-owner Skip Martin said he is considering getting into the tobacco farming end of the business.
- FDA: Representative Timothy Bishop signed on as a co-sponsor to HR792. The count is now at total of 138 co-sponsors (139 total sponsors).
- Federal: A group of seven Democratic Party Senators has sent letters to Walmart, Walgreens, and Rite Aid asking them to stop selling tobacco products.
- Kansas: Representative Don Hill has introduced House Bill 2672 that would raise the state OTP (Other Tobacco Products – including cigars) from 10% to 78%
- Casa Miranda Chapter Two by Miami Cigar and Company
- Punch Rare Corojo 10th Anniversary (2011 Release)
Stogie Geeks – Episode 85
We kicked things off with our smokes of the week:
Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Classic
Bolivar Royal Corona
Cigar Federation “The Collective” by Ezra Zion Cigar Company (Pre Release)
Drew Estate Kentucky Fire Cured
EP Carrillo Inch
It’s a Boy ( La Aurora Cien Anos Lancero)
La Palina Goldie No. 5
Padron 1964 Anniversary Torpedo
Partagas Benji Homage 62 Robusto Gordo
Tatuaje Black Robusto (Event Only Cigar)
Tatuaje L ‘Espirit de Verite 2009 Vintage
Tatuaje La Verite 2009 Churchill
Tatuaje Mission Pipe Exclusive CQ1
VegaFina Sumum 2010 Toro (2014 Re-release, New Size)
Viaje Platino Chiva
Zino Platinum Z Class 654T
- February 22nd 2011: We covered the announcement of the formation of Crowned Heads Cigars.
- February 22nd 2011: We showed off the new band for the Gurkha Ninja.
- February 22nd 2011: We previewed the Cain Daytona.
- February 22nd 2011: We talked about plans for a New York State $1.00 Cigar Tax Cap.
- February 22nd 2011: We covered some potential cigar tax increases by state.
- February 22nd 2012: We printed the press release for the 7-20-4 1874 Series.
- February 22nd 2012: We assessed the Gran Habano STK Zulu Zulu Ecuadorian Connecticut
- February 22nd 2013: We assessed the Perla del Mar by J.C. Newman
- February 22nd 2013: We previewed the Tatuaje 109 Federal 90th Redux
Congrats Coop! The streak is impressive but the information and insights you've provided during and before the streak is nothing short of amazing. No one in total cigar information does it better.
Thank you George. Your support as well as everyone else's support is so much appreciated.