The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 51 (Edition 200 11/12/16)
For the 200th consecutive week, we bring you the Cigar Industry Report. We are proud to have brought you this uninterrupted each and every Saturday since January, 2013. Thank you to our audience and sponsors for your support
Feature of the Week: Trump Victory Poses Questions on Road Ahead to Ending Cuban Embargo
This week Donald J. Trump was elected the 45th President of the United States. What does this mean for ending the Cuban Embargo? We analyzed it this week.
- CAO: We reported on the return of the CAO Amazon Basin.
- CLE: The company has begun distributing thePuros Indios and Cuba Aliados lines.
- E.P. Carrillo: Plans are for the E.P. Carrillo Short Run 2016 and Short Run 2016 Nicaragua to become regular production lines.
- Foundation Cigar Company: The company has released a limited production of the El Güegüense Lancero.
- Viaje: The company is re-releasing the Viaje Honey and Hand Grenades and the new Zombie Farmer Bill Hatchet this month.
- Senate Bill S. 441: S. 441 is the Senate Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors were added. The total sponsor count remains at 21.
- House Bill HR 662: H.R. 662 is House Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors were added. The total sponsor count remainsat 169
- House Bill 2058: H.R. 2058 is the House Bill to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 78.
- California: A 153% increase tax increase on Other Tobacco Products (OTP – which includes cigars) was approved by voters.
- Colorado: A proposed 22% tax increase for cigars was defeated by voters.
- Missouri: Two proposed tobacco increases was defeated by voters on election day.
- North Dakota: A proposal to double the tobacco tax on Other Tobacco Products (OTP – which includes cigars) was defeated by voters.
- Eastern Standard Dos Firmas (Caldwell Signature) Piramide by Caldwell Cigar Company
- E.P. Carrillo Short Run 2016
- Flor de D’Crossier Enormous 360 Oscuro
- Matilde Quadrata Toro Bravo
- Tatuaje Skinny Frank
Agile Cigar Reviews
This week was Episode 208 for Stogie Geeks. We welcomed Justin Andrews from Foundry Tobacco Company along with our special guest host John Reiner aka “Cigar Surgeon”.For our Debonaire Ideal, we talked did a segment called “Ballot Questions”. We did a special Hot Topics segment. Finally we had our Stogies of the Week which included:
Stogie Geeks News
This week’s Stogie Geeks News includes stories from E.P. Carrillo, Viaje, Davidoff, Quesada, and a look at what the election results mean for cigar enthusiasts.
Stogie Geeks Shorts
This week, we took a look back at the E.P. Carrillo Short Run series.
On this date November 12th…
- November 12th 2010: We assessed the Altadis Warlock.
- November 12th 2011: We assessed the Crowned Heads Four Kicks.
- November 12th 2012: We reported on the delay of the Viaje WLP Stuffed Turkey 2012.
- November 12th 2012: We did a pre-release assessment on the Los Regalos Quetzal by Emilio Cigars
- November 12th 2013: We assessed the Ezra Zion Eminence.
- November 12th 2013: We reported on Torano Family Cigars naming Miguel Schoedel National Sales Manager
- November 12th 2014: We reported Mombacho Cigars re-opening of Casa Favilli
- November 12th 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Alec Bradley Fine and Rare 2012 (BR1213)
- November 12th 2014: We reported Davidoff opening a Flagship Store in Bulkhead Atlanta.
- November 12th 2015: We did an Agile Cigar Review of the Debonaire First Degree (Habano)