The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
News and Previews
- Atladis USA: The H.Upmann Legacy has begun to arrive in retailers. We had a preview of this cigar last month.
- Avo Cigars: It was revealed this week that the Avo Limited Edition 2013 will be called the Dominant 13.
- Compania Hondurena de Tabacos: Issued a press release announcing the opening of the Kuuts, LLC Distribution Center in America. The company will distribute three brands as well.
- Drew Estate: As per Willy Herrera on 2/16/13’s Kiss My Ash Radio, he has two new maduro blends in the works, a parejo maduro and a box-press maduro.
- E.P. Carrillo: The Federal Cigar 92nd Anniversary cigar will be made by E.P. Carrillo. Our friends at A Cigar Smoker’s Journal got the exclusive on the Medalla D’Oro. A retail exclusive cigar was also announced to Old City and Smokin Joe’s Cigars in Alcoa, TN called the E.P. Carrillo Smokin Joe’s Lounge Exclusive.
- Espinosa Cigars: Plans are still on target for the release of the Espinosa Maduro .
- Kristoff Cigars: Mythical Cigars Europe will now be distributing Kristoff’s portfolio in Europe.
- Miami Cigar and Company: As per a Facebook post, the Guillermo Leon 15 Minute Break has shipped – this is the petit corona version of the Guillermo Leon. The company also launched a new web-site for the La Sirena brand.
- Nat Sherman: On the 2/16/13 Kiss My Ash Radio broadcast, Michael Herklots indicated that the planned Nat Sherman 1930 was more of a “pet name” for a potential project and that the final name has not been decided.
- ProCigar 2013: The annual festival took place February 17-22, 2013 in the Dominican Republic
- Rocky Patel Premium Cigars: As per Nimish Desai on 2/16/13’s Kiss My Ash Radio, the Rocky Patel II.XXVI will be delayed into the March/April time. In that same conversation with Kiss My Ash Radio host Abe Dababneh, it was strongly hinted (but not confirmed) that recently retired NFL linebacker Ray Lewis will be the next sports celebrity to have a cigar from Rocky Patel Premium Cigars.
- RoMa Craft Tobac: Co-owner Skip Martin announced yet another retail exclusive for CroMagnon. This time its for R. Field in Hawaii. This is a 6 1/2 x 56 petite salomon. Our friends at Leaf and Grape have additional details.
- Room 101 Cigars: We broke news last Saturday on the Room 101 Master Collection 1 and Room 101 Master Collection 2. The Room 101 Big Delicious, the sixth installment of Smoke Inn’s Microblend Series was soft-launched at a pre-event dinner at the Great Smoke. We previewed this cigar last month.
- S.A.G. Imports: Cigar Aficionado reported the new Fonseca Cubano Exclusivo. This was previewed at the 2013 ProCigar Festival.
- Tatuaje Cigars: A hint on the Tatuaje Cigars’ Facebook page indicated that the sixth blend of the Monster Series will be based on “Jason” from the Friday the 13th film series. Federal Cigar in New Hampshire announced the Tatuaje 109 Federal 90th Redux. This will be a limited edition retail exclusive to Federal Cigar in New Hampshire.
- FDA: H.R. 792 will be replacing H.R. 1639. CRA has published a new petition that all cigar enthusiasts need to sign – even if you signed H.R. 1639.
- Florida: The Florida Senate Regulated Industries Committee, by a unanimous 10-0
vote, advanced SB 258 that will allow Florida local governments to enact
their own outdoor smoking restrictions. HB 439 is the companion bill. Cigar Rights of America has voiced their opposition to this proposed legislation.
- Oklahoma: The State Senate committee voted against a bill that would have allowed cities and towns to set their own anti-smoking laws.
- EH Pasion (Edgar Hoill Cigars)
- La Gloria Cubana Pirimade Supra
- Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Iron Mike I-Beam
- Perla del Mar