The Cigar Week Wrap is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will throw in a few bonus items from time to time as well. Our intent is to publish once a week on Saturday mornings. Note: We have decided to label our posts as “Volume 2” to be consistent with the monthly “Editor’s Corner”.
News and Previews
- Alec Bradley: In an interview with Over a Cigar, Vice President of Marketing, Sam Phillips hinted that another Alec Bradley Fine and Rare could be released in 2013.
- CAO: The long-awaited CAO Hurricane Limited Edition 2013 has surfaced at retailers.
- Davidoff: The Davidoff Masters Edition 2013 Club House Toro was announced.
- General Cigar: In a communication to its cigar ambassadors, General Cigar mentioned two line extensions are coming to the Partagas 1845 line. In addition, the company has added new a new foil-lined humidity controlled freshness pack to some of its key offerings.
- God of Fire: We provided an overview of the 2013 releases in this annual series – the God of Fire by Don Carlos 2010, the God of Fire by Carlito 2010, and the God of Fire Serie B.
- Gurkha: Announced the Cellar Reserve Limitada will debut at the 2013 IPCPR.
- Kelner Boutique Factory: Davidoff Master Blender Henke Kelner’s son Hendrik Kelner confirmed he will launch the Smoking Jacket cigar at the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- L’Atelier Imports: Co-founder Sean Casper Johnson was a guest on Kiss My Ash Radio and provided information on the L’Atelier Maduro as well as the L’Atelier Extension de la Racine. A picture of the packaging of the latter was placed on the company Facebook page.
- La Gloria Cubana: We re-printed the press release outlining the La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black.
- La Palina Cigars: Provided an updated press release on the La Palina Collection Goldie Laguito No. 5
- Moya Ruiz Cigars: The company is adding a 6 x 60 to its La Jugada – Prieto line.
- PDR Cigars: A press release has announced the company has entered into an agreement to distribute Primer Mundo Cigars.
- Rocky Patel Premium Cigars: Cigar Dave had information on a new cigar called the Rocky Patel Royale. He also confirmed information on the latest cigar by Nish Patel called Bold by Nish Patel.
- Table 36 Cigars: The company issued a press release announcing their second blend called Integrity.
- Tatuaje Cigars: Announced the Avion 13 will include two blends – a new Broadleaf wrapper option while the Habano Ecuador option will be a limited production.
- Torano Family Cigars: Company President Charlie Torano recently announced a second “Blend from the Vault” is coming – the D-042.
- FDA: Since last week’s report, an additional 4 co-sponsors have signed on to HR 792 – making for a total 81 co-sponsors. (as of 5/18/13)
- Michigan: State Representative Doug Geiss is introducing legislation that would ease smoking restrictions in bars, restaurants, and private clubs.
- North Carolina: Senate Bill 703 passed through a State Senate Committee. This is a bill which says that, no local ordinance on outdoor smoking could be more restrictive than state law. State law places no restrictions on smoking outdoors.
On this date May 18th..
- May 18th 2011: We look at when the State of Maryland was considering banning cigar purchases on the internet.
- May 18th 2012: We provided an exclusive first review of a pre-release of the A.J Fernandez Pinolero.
- May 18th 2012: We reviewed the Undercrown Corona ¡Viva! by Drew Estate