The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 27 (Edition 124 5/30/15)
Our New Platform
This week, we migrated Cigar Coop to a new platform and our very own servers. This was an enormous effort, but one that was necessary to sustain our growth. Overall it was successful. Please be patient as we still have some kinks to iron out and there are some broken links We are working diligently to fix these glitches. We hope you enjoy the new design and power it brings.
Feature of the Week: Alec Bradley Sanctum Coming in June
It was at the 2014 IPCPR Trade Show where Alec Bradley showcased a cigar called the Alec Bradley Sanctum. Except for packaging, there wasn’t much more in the way of details. What we did know is that Sanctum wasn’t a cigar we would see until 2015. The time has come as Alec Bradley will release this cigar next month. It is a multi-national blend that includes some Colombian and Costa Rican tobacco. It will also be released in four sizes including the 8 1/2 x 60 “Double Gordo” that was shown off at the Trade Show.
Southern Cigar Festival
Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks are proud to partner with the Southern Cigar Festival. The event is being held on June 6 at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park in Alpharetta, Georgia. This past week, we took a final look at some of the manufacturers making up this great event.
Tickets are available through Ticketmaster via the event website, Cutters Cigar Emporium, and the Amphitheatre box office. Those purchasing tickets in person at Cutters Cigars will get a free cigar with their ticket purchase.
We now have word that the VIP Platinum Tickets are sold out.
News and Previews
- D’Crossier: The company has announced it has entered an agreement where Espinosa Cigars will be handling D’Crossier distribution. The company also announced its newest cigar, the Flor de D’Crossier No. 512
- El Primer Mundo: The Clase Reserva will be making a limited return at R & R Cigars in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
- La Palina: The company will release the La Palina H-Town Edition to Stogies World Class Cigars in Houston, Texas. This will be an all-new blend and will be La Palina’s first shop exclusive.
- Mailde Cigars: The company will now be distributed by Quesada Cigars in the U.S.
- MoyaRuiz Cigars: We have details on the upcoming Chinese Finger Trap.
- Perdomo: The company has released a new line called the Perdomo Special Craft Series. It is a line of three cigars designed to be paired with various different types of beer.
- Roberto P. Duran Cigars: The company has hired Cuban Cigar Blender Cristano “Santo” Cardenas as its Master Blender
- Federal: No new co-sponsors signed on Senate Bill (S. 441) – the total sponsor count is at 17. No new co-sponsors were added to House Bill (HR 662) – the count remains at 110. No new co-sponsors were added for H.R. 2058 (to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect) the total remains at 13 sponsors.
- A.J. Fernandez New World Connecticut Toro
- Cesar Espinal Habano No. 3
- La Flor Dominicana TAA 47
- The Pope of Greenwich Village By Drew Estate (Part of the Smoke Inn MicroBlend Series)
Agile Cigar Assessments
Stogie Geeks Episode 142
This week we concluded our “Epic Month of May”. We had Matt Booth of Room 101 Cigars and Mel Shah of MBombay as our special guests. Our Debonaire Ideal was on giving cigars to friends. Audio and video will be available next week.
Our Smokes of the Week included:
A.J. Fernandez New World Connecticut Toro
1907 by Dunhill Toro
Cesar Espinal Habano No. 3
El Primer Mundo Epifania Perfecto
Illusione ~burn~ Robusto
Kristoff Classic Reserva Toro
La Flor Dominicana TAA 47
Trill Torpedo Gordo by Villiger Cigars
Viaje Holiday Blend 2014
On this date May 30th…
- May 30th 2011: We assessed the Avo Limited Edition 2008 (LE 08) Tesoro
- May 30th 2012: We looked at Emilio Cigars Plans for 2012 and 2013.
- May 30th 2012: We re-posted a press release on the announcement of the J. Grotto Silk.
- May 30th 2013: We took at first look at the Aging Room Small Batch M21 ffortissimo.
- May 30th 2013: We assessed Mike Ditka Kickoff Series – The Player by Camacho Cigars
- May 30th 2014: We reported on the announcement of the Alec Bradley Texas Lancero.
- May 30th 2014: We reported on Warped Cigars announcement of the I Cigar Case Collection
- May 30th 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Tatuaje Wolfie (Part of the Little Monsters Series)
- May 30th 2014: We reported on the Viaje Skull and Bones Cloudmaker.