The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Feature of the Week: FDA Releases Deeming Document Announcing Regulations for Cigars
No doubt one of the biggest stories in recent time and we have full coverage here. Check out the following articles:
- FDA To Ask for Public Comment on Premium Cigar Exemption from Regulation
- How Will a Premium Cigar Be Defined in the Eyes of the FDA?
- Cigar Association of America to Continue to Work Closely with FDA in Light of Pending Regulations
- IPCPR Responds to FDA Deeming Document
News and Previews.
- Altadis USA: The company will be making a making a 7 x 70 line extension to the Juan Lopez line called Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 4. The company is also adding the 7 x 70 Colossal to Casa de Garcia Connecticut and Casa de Garcia Nicaragua lines.
- Cigar Media Association: Announced Kiss My Ash Radio as its 14th member.
- Crowned Heads: The company will be making an exclusive cigar for Cigar Chat called Texacali.
- The Griffin’s: A Gran Robusto is being added to The Griffin’s Classic Line.
- Iconic Leaf Cigar Company: We broke news first of the new E.L.F. PACK Sidewinder and the E.L.F. PACK Kanu
- La Sirena Cigars: Announced the acquisition of Old School Cigars.
- Nomad Cigar Company: In his weekly newsletter, founder Fred Rewey talked about his next blend – tentatively titled Nomad C-276.
- RoMa Craft Tobac: The company will be releasing the Aquitaine Venus to New York retailer Doc James Tobacco.
- Tatuaje: We looked at the upcoming Tatuaje Tattoo Series
- FDA: We covered the release of the FDA Deeming Document above. With Congress on vacation, no new co-sponsors signed on the HR792. The count remains at total of 153 co-sponsors (154 total sponsors).
Meanwhile, announced our first in-studio event in conjunction with our sponsor Havana Cigar Club. It will be held May 1st at 9pm in West Warwick, Rhode Island and it will be with 1502 Cigars. If you are in the area, drop by. We will be featuring 1502 Cigars to smoke. You can watch the event directly in the studio and we also broadcast into HCC. If you are watching at home, be sure to light one up along with us and talk about it in the chat room. 1502’s CEO Enrique Sanchez Icaza will be calling in to the show and will be our featured guest. Details on how to attend are here.
- April 26th 2012: We posted Cigar Draft 2012
- April 26h 2012: We reprinted the press release for Romeo by Romeo y Julieta
- April 26h 2013: We posted Cigar Draft 2013 – The Twenty Cigars to Look Forward to in 2013