The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 50 (Edition 147 11/7/15)
Feature of the Week: Black Works Studio Announced
There is a new brand coming from the Fabrica Oveja Negra factory. This is the factory owned by Black Label Trading Company (BLTC). The new brand is called Black Works Studio and will be a brand totally separate from BLTC. Black Works Studio has plans to introduce three cigars – each with a different blend by the end of the year.
News and Previews
- Caldwell Cigar Company: The Last Tsar Churchill was officially announced and shipped to retailers.
- Davidoff: We previewed the Davidoff Year of the Monkey Ashtrays.
- Drew Estate: Arango Cigars will distribute an exclusive cigar in the Acid line known as Acid Chi-Town.
- Pura Soul Cigars: Robert Wright’s company announced availability of the new Pura Soul Maduro and Barber Pole.
- Senate Bill S. 441: S. 441 is the Senate Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This past week, Joe Donnelly [D-Indiana] signed on as a co-sponsor. The total sponsor count is now at 19.
- House Bill HR 662: H.R. 662 is House Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, one new co-sponsor signed on – Jason Smith [R-Missouri]. The total number of sponsor is now at 148.
- House Bill 2058: H.R. 2058 is the House Bill to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect. This week, two new co-sponsors signed on – Richard Hudson [R-North Carolina] and John Kline [R-Minnesota]. The total number of sponsors is now at 29.
- Flores y Rodriguez 10th Anniversary Reserva Limitada Robusto by PDR Cigars
- Indian Motorcycle Habano Robusto
- Las Cumbres Tabaco Senorial Maduro Natural Robusto Digno by Jose Blanco
- Nat Sherman 85th Anniversary
Agile Cigar Reviews
This month’s editorial focuses on Reflections of 2015
On Episode 163, we welcomed “Master Sensei” from Cigar Dojo. We did a special Debonaire Ideal segment on Corojo Trivia, and then covered our smokes of the week which included:
Indian Motorcycle Habano Robusto
Macanudo Estate Reserve 2015 No. 9
PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura Robusto
Saga Blend No. 7 Robusto
Arturo Fuente Casa Cuba Doble Cuatro
Avo Classic Covers 2015 (Volume 1)
Byron Siglo XXI Distinguido by Selected Tobacco
Cuba Rica Spirit of Art 56
El Güegüense Churchill by Foundation Cigar Company
Illusione Fume D’Amour Juniperos
La FlorDominicana 1994 Tango
Las Cumbres Tabaco Senorial Maduro Natural Robusto Digno by Jose Blanco
Nat Sherman 85th Anniversary
Ora Vivo Armand Assante (European Edition) Colon by Legacy Brands
We started publishing our replays of our Four Year Anniversary Show content. This week we published the following segments. More to come next week.
Four Year Anniversary Podcast – The Intro
Interview with Dave Burck, Cigar Jukebox
Glynn Loope, Executive Director, Cigar Rights of America
Interview with Jonathan Carney of La Flor Dominicana Cigars
Stogie Geeks Shorts – La Aurora Blending Kit
- Be sure to check out our Stogie Geeks Shorts where we covered the La Aurora Blending Kit. This is available from our sponsor Havana Cigar Club.
On this date November 7th…
- November 7th 2011: We assessed the Pedro Martin Gold.
- November 7th 2012: We re-posted a press release announcing the Tatuaje Apocalypse.
- November 7th 2012: We assessed the Alec Bradley Fine and Rare 2012 (BR1213).
- November 7th 2013: We previewed Casa Fernandez’s JFR Junior Corojo and Maduro (Cigar Preview).
- November 7th 2013: We previewed the Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf Maduro Illustre
- November 7th 2013: We reported the launch of Jose Seijas’ Matilde Cigars.
- November 7th 2013: We announced that Stogie Geeks would carry its live feed on Cigar Federation
- November 7th 2014: We reported on Drew Estate and Pappy & Company’s Joint Cigar Venture.
- November 7th 2014: We reported on the announcement of the CAO Gold Nasty Nutcracker and CAO MX2 Rabid Reindeer.
- November 7th 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Joya Red Robusto.
- 11/7 Rafael Nodal, Boutique Blends Cigars and Santana Diaz, D’Crossier Cigars – Sabor Havana’s Smoke This at Sabor Havana in Doral, Florida.