The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 19 (Edition 168 4/2/16)
Feature of the Week: L’Atelier Extension de la Racine ER16 announced on Cigar Chat
Our friends at Cigar Chat had K.C. Johnson, Dan Welsh, and Casper Johnson on Cigar Chat where news was broke on the L’Atelier Extension de la Racine ER16 – the 2016 exclusive of the IPCPR only cigar available from L’Atelier Imports.
News and Previews
- Cuban Stock Cigar Company: The company announced it has opened a new factory in the Dominican Republic.
- Debonaire House: The company has announced the distribution agreement with Drew Estate has now commenced.
- Davidoff: The newest installment of Smoke Inn’s MicroBlend Series will commemorate the retailer’s 20th anniversary – the Smoke Inn 20th Anniversary by Davidoff.
- Drew Estate: The company has announced a partnership with the Florida Panthers where a Drew Estate Lounge will open at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida and a lounge exclusive cigar called Year of the Rat will be available.
- Warped Cigars: The company has released a shop exclusive to Atlantic Cigar called Warped El Oso URSUS.
- Senate Bill S. 441: S. 441 is the Senate Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors were added. The total sponsor count remains at 21.
- House Bill HR 662: H.R. 662 is House Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week no new co-sponors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 162.
- House Bill 2058: H.R. 2058 is the House Bill to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect. This week, no new co-sponsors signed on The total number of sponsors remains at 52.
- Alaska: Senate Bill 1 that would make it illegal to smoke in public buildings has passed. There is a companion bill, House Bill 328 in the State House.
- New York: The State Court of Appeals upheld the Smoking Ban in Parks.
- North Dakota: A petition has been circulating to increase the tobacco tax on other tobacco products (includes cigars) 58%
- Vermont: The state is contemplating raising the smoking age to 21.
Agile Cigar Reviews
- Asylum 13 80 x 8
- Davidoff Escurio Robusto
- L’Atelier Extension de la Racine ER15
- Montecristo White Vintage Connecticut No. 3
This month’s editorial is on “Looks Aren’t Everything”
This week was an off-week for Stogie Geeks.
On this date April 2nd…
- April 2nd 2012: We re-published a press release on Senor Solomon Cigars.
- April 2nd 2012: Our Editor’s Corner for the month was titled “No Madness for March“.
- April 2nd 2013: We re-published a press release on Butthead’s Tobacco “A Night in Santiago”
- April 2nd 2013: We reported on the planned launch of the Ditka Throwback.
- April 2nd 2013: We reposted a press release announcing Leccia Tobacco.
- April 2nd 2013: We previewed the “E” by BOTL, LLC
- April 2nd 2014: We assessed the Undercrown Dogma by Drew Estate
- April 2nd 2014: We reported on the Tatuaje TAA 2014.
- April 2nd 2015: We reported on the return of the La Palina Family Series.