The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Feature of the Week: Viaje Exclusivo Goes Regular Production
Viaje has not had a regular production line in over three years as the company has put all of its focus on small batch production. That is about to change as the Viaje Exclusivo will be heading to regular production. There will be three sizes plus an additional size for Germany.
News and Previews
- Asylum Cigars: The Asylum Nyctophilia will make its debut as a part of the 2015 TAA Exclusive Series.
- BG Meyer: The collaboration between screenwriter Rob Weiss and Camacho Cigars have announced its third line, BG Meyer Gigantes.
- Casa Fernandez: The company announced its second cigar in the JFR Lunatic line, the JFR Lunatic El Chiquito.
- Espinosa Cigars: The company has named a new Northeastern Sales Manager.
- Gurkha Cigar Group: We previewed the newly released Gurkha Ghost Envy line extension.
- Kafie 1901 Cigars: We reported details on the new Kafie 1901 Connecticut release – which is currently shipping to retailers.
- LUJ Cigars: We took a look at this small batch company and previewed the company’s plans for the 2015 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Maya Selva Cigars: The company announced plans for its 20th Anniversary celebration including the Flor de Selva 20 Anos, Flor de Selva Toro, and rebranding plans.
- RoMa Craft Tobac: We previewed the RoMa Craft Tobac Neanderthal SGP line.
- Room 101 Cigars: We previewed the shop exclusive to Famous Smoke Shop, El Mas Chingron.
- Warped Cigars: We reported that the company has shipped its La Hacienda line.
- Wilson Adams: The company’s first limited edition, Wilson Adams Mr. Wilson will be released next month.
- Federal: No new sponsors were added to Senate Bill (S. 441) as the total sponsors remains at 15. No new co-sponsors have also been added to House Bill (HR 662) – total remains at 86.
- Washington: House Bill 1458 was amended changing the proposed legal age to buy, use, or possess tobacco to 19. The original proposal was for age 21. The effective date was also pushed out four years.
- San Lotano – The Bull Robusto by A.J. Fernandez Cigars
- Davidoff Golf Limited Masters Edition 2015 Robusto
- Quesada Reserva Privada Robusto
Agile Cigar Assessments
No show this week. Stogie Geeks returns on 4/16/15 with Andre Farkas as our special guest.
- April 11th 2011: We assessed the Emilio AF1
- April 11th 2012: We assessed the Padron Family Reserve 85th Natural
- April 11th 2012: We published information about the White House Petition to Not Allow The FDA To Regulate Premium Cigars.
- April 11th 2013: We previewed the 601 La Bomba F-Bomb by Espinosa Cigars.
- April 11th 2013 We assessed the La Flor Dominicana Pipe and Pint 15th Anniversary.
- April 11th 2014: We reported on 262 Cigars being distributed in New Zealand.
- April 11th 2014: We reported on the Tatuaje Lancero Sampler.
- April 11th 2014: We did an Assessment Updae on the Rocky Patel Edicion Unica 2013