The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 44 (Edition 141 9/26/15)
Feature of the Week: FedEx Ends Tobacco Shipments
Word surfaced this week that global courier FedEx will end all tobacco shipments effective January 5, 2015. This includes cigarettes, loose tobacco, hookah, smokeless tobacco, and all cigars.
News and Previews
- Altadis: The company will partner with Prime Cigar to open a cigar bar in Miami, Florida. This is scheduled to open in 2016.
- Foundation Cigar Company: The company has officially released its first line El Güegüense
- Percy Ray Cigars: This is a new brand being started by Cubanacan Cigars Eastern Sales Manager Nate McIntyre.
- Room 101 Cigars: The company announced the Room 101 Ichiban Monstro will be a Shop Exclusive to Tinder Box Waldorf
- VegaFina: The brand under Altadis announced at Inter-Tabac 2015 the VegaFina Nicaragua 8-9-8. This line extension will be released to the European market.
- Senate Bill S. 441: S. 441 is the Senate Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors signed on. The total sponsor remains at 17.
- House Bill HR 662: H.R. 662 is House Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, two new co-sponsors signed on – Rep Emanuel Cleaver [D-Missouri] and Rep. Diane Black [R-Tennessee] The total number of sponsor is now at 137.
- House Bill 2058: H.R. 2058 is the House Bill to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect. This week, no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 27.
- Cigar Rights of America: Executive Director Glynn Loope sent a letter to all of the 2016 Presidential Candidates calling for support and communication to the premium cigar industry.
- Asylum 33 5 1/2 x 46 (2015)
- Black Label Trading Company Deliverance Nocturne Salomon Snub Nose
- Gurkha Heritage Toro
- La Hacienda Superiores by Warped Cigars
- Nomad Therapy Maduro Toro
Agile Cigar Reviews
Reminder, we launched an all-new version of the Stogiegeeks.com web-site. As such we have moved our lifestream feed back to be hosted on our own platform.
This past week, on Episode 157 we welcomed Tom Lazuka of Asylum Cigars. Our Debonaire Ideal (posting next week) discussed music albums.
Finally we did our Stogies of the Week (posting news week) which included:
- Asylum 33 5 1/2 x 46
- Casa Magna D.Magnus II TAA Exclusive Hadrian
- Drew Estate KFC Chunky
- KILO Toro by United Cigar
- L’Atelier La Mission 1989
- Nomad Therapy Maduro Toro
- Paul Stulac Red Screaming Sun Toro
- RoMa Craft Intemperance BA A.W.S
- Tatuaje Avion 13 FF
- Tatuaje Federal Cigar 90th Reserva
On this date September 26th…
- September 26th 2011: We assessed the Tatuaje Private Reserve (Tatuaje Black Label) Petit Lancero
- September 26th 2012: We did an Assessment Update on the Tatuaje Little Boris.
- September 26th 2013: We assessed the La Flor Dominicana Factory Press Limitado 2013
- September 26th 2013: We reported an update on the shipping of the Camacho Liberty 2013.
- September 26th 2013: We reported on three line extensions to the Quesada Heisenberg.
- September 26th 2014: We assessed the Cigar Oasis Ultra 2.0.