The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 1 (Edition 150 11/28/15)
Feature of the Week: 2015 Cigar of the Year Countdown Begins December 1st
On December 1st, we will start our Cigar Coop Cigar of the Year Countdown. Each day (except December 25th and December 30th), we will countdown in reverse order, the Cigar Coop selections for Cigar of the Year. On December 31st, 2015 the #1 and #2 Cigars will be unveiled. Some changes have come to the selection and criteria process and these will be unveiled just prior to the countdown. This year a new theme “The Box Worthy Thirty” will also be unveiled.
News and Previews
- 262 Cigars: The list of retailers for the company’s upcoming limited edition, Suit & Tie has been announced.
- Davidoff: The company announced its new Zino Graphic Leaf Humidor Collection
- MoyaRuiz Cigars: The company announced that its second MoyaRuiz Rake Poker Room is heading to Cigar Room Davie
- Senate Bill S. 441: S. 441 is the Senate Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This past week no new co-sponsors were added. The total sponsor count remains at 19.
- House Bill HR 662: H.R. 662 is House Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, there were no new co-sponsors.. The total number of sponsors remains at 150.
- House Bill 2058: H.R. 2058 is the House Bill to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect. This week, there were no new co-sponsors. The total number of sponsors remains at 31.
- Wyoming: The State Joint Revenue Interim Committee has decided not to sponsor a bill that would raise tobacco taxes.
- Rocky Patel Twentieth Anniversary Lancero
- Casa Fernandez Aniversario Serie 2015 L.F. Celine
- Espada by Montecristo Estoque
- La Mission du L’Atelier 1959
- Monte Pascoal Double Corona (2015)
- Padron Damaso No. 12
No show this past week. We welcomed Fred Rewey from Nomad Cigar Company as our special guest. Our Debonaire Ideal was on Cigars at a Wedding plus we went through our Stogies of the Week.
On this date November 28tht…
- November 28th 2012: We previewed the Viaje WLP Stuffed Turkey 2012 “White Meat” and “Dark Meat” editions.
- November 28th 2012: We assessed the Alec Bradley American Sun Grown
- November 28th 2012: We previewed Camacho’s Ditka Series.
- November 28th 2013: We highlighted some growth moves by 7-20-4 Cigars.
- November 28th 2013: We previewed the Casa Cuba by Arturo Fuente.
- November 28th 2013: We previewed the JM Dominican Classic Connecticut.
- November 28th 2013: We took a look at Gurkha Cigar Group’s Pedro Martin Line and previewed Pedro Martin Limited Edition.
- November 28th 2013: We reported on Kinky Friedman Cigars ceasing Cigar Operations.
- November 28th 2013: We reported on the Ora Vivo Armand Assante and Tortuga 215 Reserva heading to Europe.
- November 28th 2014: We assessed the J. Grotto Anniversary P555 by Ocean State Cigars.
Aging Room Cigars, General Cigars, PDR Cigars, and Rocky Patel Premium Cigars will be at the Cigar Aficionado’s Big Smoke in New York on December 3rd.