The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 5 (Edition 154 12/26/15)
Cigar of the Year Countdown
For the sixth consecutive year, Cigar Coop is unveiling its daily Cigar of the Year Countdown. This year we have a new theme, “The Box Worthy Thirty” and have implemented a large set of changes in terms of the criteria. This week we unveiled Cigars #12 through #7.
#12: 1502 Emerald Corona
#11: Padron 50th Anniversary Natural
#10: RoMa Craft Tobac Neanderthal HN
#9: Don Reynaldo Coronas De Luxe by Warped Cigars
#8: Casa Fernandez Aniversario Serie 2015 L.F. Celine
#7: Illusione ~eccj~ 20th
News and Previews
- La Palina Cigars: The company has added a new executive team that includes industry veterans Clay Roberts and Sam Philips.
- My Father Cigars: We took a look at the upcoming Garcia & Garcia release planned for 2016.
- Tabacalera Fernandez: Telenorte, a Nicaraguan media source reported a fire took place at one of the barns on Christmas Eve.
- Senate Bill S. 441: S. 441 is the Senate Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors were added. The total sponsor count remains at 20.
- House Bill HR 662: H.R. 662 is House Bill to gain an exemption from the FDA on premium cigars. This week, no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 153.
- House Bill 2058: H.R. 2058 is the House Bill to change the effective date for cigars subject to FDA regulation from 2007 to 21 months following any proposed regulations are put into effect. This week, no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 37.
- Flores y Rodriguez Connecticut Valley Reserve Gran Toro by PDR Cigars
- La Flor Dominicana La Nox
- Mederos Connecticut Torpedo by Cubanacan Cigars
- Pura Soul Barber Pole 50 x 5
- Sindicato Miami Edition 2015
Agile Cigar Review
Stogie Geeks will be pre-empted for the Christmas and New Year’s Holiday. Episode 169 will return on Thursday January 7th at 8:30pm Eastern.
On this date December 26th…
- December 26th 2010: We unveiled our #6 Cigar of the Year for 2010, the CAO La Traviata Maduro.
- December 26th 2011: We unveiled our #6 Cigar of the Year for 2011, the Casa Miranda Chapter One by Miami Cigar and Company.
- December 26th 2012: We assessed the Dona Flor Puro Mata Fina
- December 26th 2012: We posted s press release announcing the Miami Cigar and Company’s Nestor Miranda 70th Birthday LE
- December 26h 2012: We unveiled our #6 Cigar of the Year for 2012, the E.P. Carrillo Cardinal Maduro.
- December 26th 2012: We reported on the launch of Emilio Cigar’s La Musa Melete Corona and Lancero vitolas.
- December 26th 2013: We unveiled our #6 Cigar of the Year for 2013, the Don Pepin Garcia – 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 2013.
- December 26th 2013: We assessed the Padron Family Reserve No. 46 Maduro
- December 26th 2014: We took a look at the Ortega Wings for Warriors 50 Back.
- December 26th 2014: We assessed the Asylum Dragon’s Milk.
- December 26th 2014: We unveiled our #6 Cigar of the Year for 2014, the Casa Fernandez Aniversario Series Boheme No. 35