The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 1 (Edition 254 11/25/17)
Feature of the Week: New Rating System Unveiled for 2018 Cigar Coop Cigar Year
Black Friday means it is the start of the new year on Cigar Coop. For 2018, we are introducing a new rating system for Cigar Coop. We have the details here.
News and Previews
- Cubanacan: Announced new packaging for its Cubanacan line.
- ITG Brands: Former General Cigar President Dan Carr will become the new CEO.
- Joya de Nicaragua The company unveiled new packaging for the Joya de Nicaragua Clásico.
- Oliva: The Oliva Serie V Maduro Especial 2017 has been released.
- Imperia Aventador Robusto by MLB Cigar Ventures
- Davidoff Escurio 6 x 60
- La Galera 80th Anniversary Box Pressed Limited Edition El Lector by IndianHead Cigars
- Mombacho Cosecha 2012
- RoMa Craft Tobac Wunder|Lust Robusto
- Viaje Zombie Farmer Bill Hatchet 2016
We published an editorial “Should Companies Openly Communicate Price Increases Directly to Consumers?”
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 137.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564.This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 18.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 90.
- Louisiana: LaToya Cantrell has been elected Mayor of New Orleans.
Cigar Coop Coffee Collection
Prime Time Show
This week for Episode 31. We welcomed our Special Guest Oliver Nivaud from United Cigar Group. For our Debonaire Ideal segment we talked about Oliver’s podcast “The Ash Holes”. Finally, in our Deliberation segment we talked about communicating price increases to customers.
Upcoming Schedule (Subject to Change)
Episode 32 (11/30/17): Carson Serino, Serino Cigar Company
Episode 33 (12/5/17): The 2017 Cigar Aficionado Top 25 Pre-Game Analysis
Episode 34 (12/14/17): Ram Rodriguez, El Artista
Episode 35 (12/21/17): TBA
Episode 36 (12/28/17): Danny Vazquez, RoMa Craft Tobacco
On this date November 25th…
- November 25th, 2010: We published an article on Cigar Beetles
- November 25th, 2012: We did an a pre-review on the San Lotano Habano.
- November 25th, 2011: We assessed the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Limited Edition 2011 (Connecticut Shade).
- November 25th, 2012: We assessed the Rocky Patel Private Cellar.
- November 25th, 2013: We reported on the La Aurora Preferidos Diamond Chicho’s Choice.
- November 25th, 2013: We assessed the Nica Rustica El Brujito by Drew Estate.
- November 25th, 2014: We reported on the soft launch of the A.J. Fernandez New World Connecticut.
- November 25th, 2014: We assessed the Tatuaje Jekyll (Tatuaje Monster 2014 #7).
- November 25th, 2014: We reported on the launch of the Chinnock Cellars Cremoir.
- November 25th, 2015: We assessed the La Mission du L’Atelier 1959
- November 25th, 2016: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Camacho Powerband Robusto.