The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 365 (1/25/20)
Feature of the Week: Kretek International Pulls Out of PCA 2020 Show
Kretek International, the parent company of Ventura Cigar Company, Phillips & King, and the TPE Trade Show has pulled out of the 2020 Premium Cigar Association (PCA) Trade Show. We’ve got the details here.
- Cigar Marketplace: Announced it would be the exclusive distributor for the AJ Fernandez New World Tins.
- Drew Estate: The company announced the return of Liga Privada Unica Serie Year of the Rat and will launch the Cigar Undercrown Corona Pequeña line extensions.
- Villiger: The company announced the Villiger Do Brasil will launch n the U.S. market
- Altadis U.S.A.: The company will launch the bundle Harvester & Co. Connecticut offering.
- Cavalier Genève: The company will expand its Small Batch Collection offerings.
- Espinosa: The company will re-launch the @ZUCAR line.
- Ventura Cigar Company: The company will launch the Archetype Master and Pupil
News and Previews
- Casa Cuevas: The company announced the La Mandarria will go regular production
- Drew Estate: The company announced no price increases for 2020.
- Ashton: The company released a revamped La Aroma de Cuba Edición Especial
- Black Label Trading Company: Announced the return of the Black Label Trading Company Deliverance Nocturne for 2020
- Cavalier Genève: The company confirmed attendance for the 2020 PCA Trade Show.
- Island Lifestyle Importers: The company terminated its distribution agreement with Kretek International.
- JSK Cigars: Announced plans for the не за секого for Five Year Anniversary cigar. The company also announced it has expanded distribution into Lebanon.
- La Flor Dominicana: The company confirmed attendance for the 2020 PCA Trade Show.
- Mombacho Cigars SA: The company announced it has expanded distribution to Spain.
- Southern Draw Cigars: The company has announced iit will not increase prices for 2020. The company will also launch the Cedrus Lancero at TPE 2020
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 84.
- FDA: The Appeals Court Denies Motion to Stay May 2020 Substantial Equivalence. An appeals hearing is scheduled for March 18 (Halfwheel.com)
Year End Roundup
- 2019 Year in Review: Company Performance for 2019
- The Composite Value Ratings for 2019
- Story of the Decade: “Pepper Creme Soda with Fried Chicken“
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
1/30: No Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 67 (1/27/20): The Big Game Show with Jonathan Carney
Prime Time Jukebox
On this date Jan 25
- Jan 25, 2011: We published an editorial on Pushing Back on Smoking Areas from the Cigar Enthusiast Point of View
- Jan 25, 2012: We provided two Assessment Updates on the Viaje Fifty Fifty Black and Viaje Fifty Fifty Red
- Jan 25,2012: We previewed the Room 101 LTD OSOK (Room 101 LTD One Shot One Kill)
- Jan 25, 2013: We reported on Smoke Inn’s 7th MicroBlend being in the works. This turned out to be the Oktoberfest Dunkel.
- Jan 25, 2013: We provided an Assessment Update on the Tarazona 305
- Jan 25, 2014: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 3, Number 9 (1/25/14)
- Jan 25, 2014: We reported on the Rocky Patel Edge B52
- Jan 25, 2014: We reported on the Kings Cigars‘ King of Kings Broadleaf Limited Edition and Kings Releases
- Jan 25, 2015: We assessed the Felipe Gregorio Pelo de Oro Robusto Gordo (2014)
- Jan 25, 2016: We reported on the Room 101 The Big Payback Connecticut
- Jan 25, 2016: We assessed the Dunhill Signed Range Selección Suprema
- Jan 25, 2017: We announced our partnership with KMA Talk Radio.
- Jan 25, 2017: We published our 2016 Year in Review: The Value Rankings of the Countdown
- Jan 25, 2018: We assessed the FSG Limited Edition Trunk-Pressed Toro by Drew Estate
- Jan 25, 2018: We reported on a Series of Executive Management Changes at Oettinger Davidoff
- Jan 25, 2019: We assessed the Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua Vibrato by Boutique Blends Cigars
- Jan 25, 2019: We reported on the MoyaRuiz Hand Gripper becoming the 13th MicroBlend for Smoke Inn